Selling to the councilIn this section you will find information about:
- adding your company's details to our suppliers database
- departmental contacts
- how the process works - value of the contract
- select lists and tenders
- evaluating tenders.
Register your companyAdding your company's details to our supplier database is quick and easy.
All you have to do is fill out the form below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download Company Registration Form (Word - 43KB)
Departmental contactsEach of our six departments is individually responsible for most of their own purchasing.
|Department||Contact name||Telephone number|
|Chief Executive’s||Beverley Bothwell||028 9027 0561|
|Development||Mandy Pryce||Development||028 9091 8792|
|Neil Williams||Development||028 9027 0605|
|Finance and Resources||Irene Murray||Financial Resources||028 9027 0249|
|Health and Environmental Services||Annette Grimes||Waste Management||028 9027 0567|
|Albert Magill||Waste Management||028 9032 0202 (extension 3347)|
|Liz Kelly||Environmental Health||028 9032 0202 (extension 3295)|
|Cherry Saunders||Environmental Health||028 9032 0202 (extension 2377)|
|Donna Walsh||Cleansing||028 9032 0202 (extension 5266)|
|Stephen Hewitt||Building Control||028 9027 0287|
|Mattelle McCartan||Building Control||028 9050 0520|
|Parks and Leisure||Pearse McCormick||028 9027 3426|
|Property and Projects||Janice Hanna||028 9027 0594|
How the process works - value of the contract
- Up to £3,000 (excluding VAT) no written quotations are required.
- For costs between £3,000 and £8,000 (excluding VAT) a minimum of three written quotations will be invited.
- For costs between £8,000 and £30,000 (excluding VAT) a minimum of four written quotations will be invited.
- For costs more than £30,000 (excluding VAT) we have to invite tenders in line with council Standing Orders, which will be advertised in the local press and on our website.
- £173,934 in respect of contracts for goods and services
- £4,348,350 for works contracts.
Select listsOn some occasions, instead of immediately advertising a tender to all companies, we might decide to add a first step where we ask companies to initially apply to join a select list for the specific contract.
There will be a public invitation to join this list and we will then carry out a selection process (in the same way as we do for a tender). Once the list is agreed we then ask only these short-listed companies to quote for the tender. (Please note - these lists are only used for the specific tender and they don't become an official list of suppliers. We don't keep general select lists of companies.)
TendersThe specification for a tender will usually include:
- Precise details of the good or services required
- The selection criteria that will be used to select the winning quotation
- Contact names, telephone numbers and email addresses
- The deadline for submission
On some occasions, particularly when the tender is likely to be quite complex, we might seek advice from a number of suppliers about the content of the specification.
After the deadline, all of the tenders are evaluated by a member of staff who then makes a recommendation to the Head of Service.
A report is then presented through our committee system and finally ratified by a full meeting of the Council. (This can be quite time-consuming and a winning supplier might not be confirmed for a few weeks.)
Evaluating tendersThere are a number of criteria that are considered when tenders are being evaluated:
- Financial stability of each company
- The company's technical capability
- The commitment of the company
- The company's environmental management
It is important to remember that we are very strict about the deadline and your submission will not be accepted even if it is one minute late.
The successful and unsuccessful suppliers will receive a letter explaining the decision.
There is an opportunity at this stage for unsuccessful candidates to get some feedback from the member of staff in charge of the process. If you have questions, we encourage you to contact us.