Tips for selling
Selling to a public organisation like the Council can appear daunting at first but there are a number of simple things which you can do to improve your chances of success:
We wish you every success with your application.
- Make sure you get your application in on time. We are very strict about this and even being one minute late will mean that your application won't be accepted. This happens more often than you might think and we never make exceptions. Don't wait until the last moment - aim to get your application in a few days before the deadline.
- Read the instructions carefully - all the details for making a proper submission will be described. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the person mentioned in the tender. They are there to help you.
- Make sure you match all the specifications - Tell us about your organisation and explain clearly how you can provide us with what is being asked for.
- Make sure you include all the documents and samples that the tender might ask for. If you don't, we can't consider your submission.
- Make sure your application is a value for money offer - cost effectiveness is an important part of our decision-making.
- There are a number of other things we look for. Your company needs to have a good record of quality performance and financial stability. And we need to be confident that your company has the resources to complete a contract.
- Finally, if you are in doubt about any aspect of the process, please tell us about it. We are eager to develop strong relationships with good suppliers and want to help you succeed.