Belfast Castle is a dream wedding location. Our manicured lawns, overlooking the stunning views of Belfast Lough, provide spectacular photographic opportunities. Not forgetting our mouth-watering menus and elegant reception.
We’ll walk you through every aspect of your ceremony and reception to make sure your day runs smoothly.
You may also want to contact the registrar at Belfast City Hall with any queries about your marriage application
Belfast Castle has been shortlisted as a finalist in the Wedding Venue of the Year category in the Belfast region, at the first Northern Ireland Wedding Awards.
Shortlisting was based on votes received from a public vote over the last few months and the winner will be announced at the awards ceremony on 22 February 2016.
The Northern Ireland Wedding Awards aim to acknowledge and celebrate the best of the wedding industry in Northern Ireland.
If you're having a civil ceremony only (without a reception), you need to hire your preferred room for two-hours from 11.30am to 1.30pm. The service must take place at 12noon. You're required to have a consultation with the Registrar for civil ceremonies in Bridal Room 2. You also need to hire this room from 11.30am-12.30pm.
If you are having a civil ceremony, followed by a reception, your room hire is included in our wedding room hire package (valid for ten hours). The ceremony can take place at 12 noon or 3pm.
For queries about the registration of marriages and civil partnerships, call the Registrar's Office on 028 9027 0455.
We offer a ten-hour room hire of our Chichester and Donegall rooms for £1000 (valid until 31 March 2016), which can seat up to 160 guests for wedding receptions.
For more intimate weddings, smaller rooms are available for hire.
Our wedding package includes:
- use of our bridal changing room throughout the day
- use of our landscaped gardens for wedding photography
- red carpet and complimentary glass of champagne for the couple on arrival
- matching menu and place cards
- personalised table plan and door signs
- white linen napkins
- choice of two or three-tier cake stands (round, square or swan) and presentation silver cake knife
- public address system for speeches and toasts (ground floor only)
- storage facilities the day before your wedding
- personal management to ensure your day runs smoothly.
View our menus in our brochure.
For more information contact our wedding team on 028 9077 6925.
Prices start from £33.50 per person, including room hire (valid until 30 September 2016)
Our all-inclusive wedding reception offers you the chance to save money on your special day. Price includes room hire and four course meal.
- Sunday to Thursday weddings from 1 April 2015 to 30 September 2016 cost £33.50 per person
- Friday and Saturday weddings from 1 April 2015 to 30 September 2016 cost £39.50 per person
- Sunday to Thursday weddings from 1 October 2016 to 31 March 2018 cost £38.50 per person
- Friday and Saturday weddings from 1 October 2016 to 31 March 2018 cost £44.50 per person
Download Gift wrapped wedding menu (PDF - 1MB)
Gift wrapped wedding package terms and conditions
- You'll have exclusive use of our ground floor reception room from 3pm to 1am.
- A minimum number of 80 guests are required for your wedding at Belfast Castle.
- An initial deposit is required to confirm your booking, with another deposit payable three months after the booking is made.
- You must choose a menu from our gift wrapped wedding package options.
- The package is not available with any other offer.
- Belfast City Council and Castle Catering Ltd terms and conditions apply as normal.
We offer a discount of 20 per cent off room hire and 20 per cent off main banqueting meals for all wedding receptions booked Sundays to Thursdays (not available with any other offer).
To confirm your booking, you need to pay a non-refundable and non-transferable deposit of 50 per cent of the room hire, payable to Belfast City Council, and a £300 fee, payable to Castle Catering Ltd. For more information, call 028 9077 6925.
You need to have Flash enabled to view this Flickr gallery. If you can’t see this gallery, visit www.flickr.com/belfastcitycouncil to view the photos.