Malone House provides the perfect setting for the fairytale wedding. Its idyllic and serene location, deep in the heart of an historic estate, makes for spectacular photographic opportunities and our delicious menus and elegant rooms allow your dream day to become a reality.
We're licensed to hold marriage and partnership ceremonies. We hold services in the intimate surroundings of the Hilsborowe, Montgomery or William Legge Rooms. Our experienced and attentive wedding team will be happy to walk you through every aspect of your day.
If you're having a civil ceremony only (without a reception), you need to hire your preferred room for a two-hour period from 11.30am to 1.30pm. The service must take place at 12pm. You're required to have a consultation with the Registrar for civil ceremonies in Bridal Room 2. You need to hire this room from 11.30am to 1.30pm.
If you are having a civil ceremony, followed by a reception, your room hire is included in our wedding room hire package (valid for ten hours). The ceremony can take place at 12noon or 3pm.
For queries about the registration of marriages and civil partnerships, call the Registrar's Office on 028 9027 0455.
We offer a 10 hour room hire from 3pm to 1am for £950 (valid until 31 March 2015).
This package includes:
- use of the Hilsborowe Room for two hours for your marriage ceremony or arrival drinks
- use of the Harberton Room from 3pm to 1am for your wedding reception
- use of the Malone Room bar from 6pm to 1am
- use of our bridal changing room from 3pm to 1am
- use of our landscaped gardens for wedding photography
- red carpet and complimentary glass of champagne for the couple on arrival
- matching menu and place cards
- personalised table plan and door signs
- white linen napkins
- choice of two or three-tier cake stands (round, square or swan) and presentation silver cake knife
- public address system for speeches and toasts
- personal management to ensure your day runs smoothly
For more intimate weddings, smaller rooms are available for a shorter period of time.
Download room hire price list (Word – 28KB)
Download our wedding brochure (PDF – 3MB)
Download terms and conditions for hire of Malone House (Word - 110KB)
For more information contact our Wedding Team on 028 9068 1246.
Prices start from £32.50 per person, including room hire
Our all-inclusive wedding reception offers you the chance to save money on your special day. Price includes room hire and four course meal.
- Monday to Sunday weddings until 31 March 2015 cost £32.50 per person.
- Sunday to Thursday weddings from 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2016 cost £33.50 per person.
- Friday and Saturday weddings from 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2016 cost £39.50 per person.
Download Gift wrapped wedding menu (PDF - 1MB)
Gift wrapped wedding package terms and conditions
- You'll have exclusive use of the Haberton room from 3pm to 1am.
- A minimum of 65 guests are required for your wedding at Malone House.
- The deposit is £500 and a further £10 per person is payable three months after the initial booking is made.
- You must choose a menu from our gift wrapped wedding package options.
- The package applies to bookings made on or after Sunday 12 January 2014.
- The package is not available with any other offer.
- Belfast City Council and Castle Catering Ltd terms and conditions apply as normal.
We offer a discount of 20 per cent off room hire and 20 per cent off main banqueting meals for all wedding receptions booked Sundays to Thursdays. Please note this offer does not apply on bank or public holidays (as defined by the council), Valentine's Day or during the month of December.
To confirm your booking, you need to pay a non-refundable and non-transferable deposit of 50 per cent of the room hire, payable to Belfast City Council, and a £300 fee, payable to Castle Catering Ltd. For more information, call 028 9068 1246.
You need to have Flash enabled to view this Flickr gallery. If you can’t see this gallery, visit www.flickr.com/belfastcitycouncil to view the photos.