Support for business tenants
Our Rent Relief Support Programme is for business tenants in council-owned properties whose businesses have been severely impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19). Eligible business tenants could get up to three months’ rent waived.
About the rent relief programme in Belfast
Only business tenants in our properties can apply to this programme. There is £100,000 is available through our programme in Belfast. Successful applicants will receive rent relief through credits against invoices. The level of support will be dependent on individual circumstances.
We will assess and process applications as they are received until the funding is fully awarded. Each application will be assessed on its individual merits.
To be eligible for support, tenants must satisfy all these criteria:
- You must have been a council business tenant on or before 23 March 2020, with no sub tenants or licensees.
- Your business had to close due to COVID-19 or you must be able to demonstrate a significant decline in your trading position. For example business income, footfall or similar trading indicators must have reduced by at least 50 per cent.
- You must demonstrate that you have applied for other emergency financial support that is available to you or your business.
- You must not have breached your lease terms as at 23 March 2020, including having paid all rental monies due to the council at that date.
How to apply
To ask for an application form and guidance notes, contact us by email email@example.com
Tenants must complete all sections of the application form. Completed applications and supporting documentation must be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date.
How applications will be assessed
- We will log all applications we receive.
- We will check your application to make sure it meets the eligibility criteria. If there is information missing, we will contact you and give you five days to send it to us. If you fail to send the missing information to us in this period, your application will not progress.
- Based on the confirmed eligibility assessment, we will confirm the rent relief to be provided.
More information about rent relief support
If you have any queries on business eligibility criteria, how to complete the form or what information is needed, please email email@example.com
Closing date for applications
We will assess applications on a rolling basis when received. The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 30 April 2021.