Applications currently open for comment
Written comments on the applications listed below should be submitted within 14 days of the date advertised. Please quote the application reference in all correspondence and note that all written representations made, including objections, will be posted online.
|Application reference||Location||Date advertised||Proposal||Advertisement type|
|0681/F||108 Dargan Rd||27 Mar 2020||Entrance lobby and minor external alterations||Initial|
|0679/F||Crusader Football Club, St Vincent St||27 Mar 2020||Replacement stand to include parking provision, changing rooms and associated required football rooms, offices on upper floors, new vehicle access off Shore Rd and relocating one floodlight as previously approved under application Z/2015/0018/F||Initial|
|0663/F||Oldpark Rd, almost opposite Rosapenna St||27 Mar 2020||17.5m apollo streetpole with 6 antenna, 2 equipment cabinets, 1 meter cabinet and ancillary apparatus/works||Initial|
|0661/LBC||Block A/School House, Methodist House, Methodist College Belfast, 1 Malone Rd||27 Mar 2020||Internal and external alterations to building||Initial|
|0657/F||Block A/School House, Methodist House, Methodist College Belfast, 1 Malone Rd||27 Mar 2020||Internal and external alterations to building||Initial|
|0652/DCA||The Royal Belfast Academical Institution, College Square East||27 Mar 2020||Demolition of swimming pool building, wall, gates, fencing and planters||Initial|
|0644/F||38-42 Bank St||27 Mar 2020||Change of use of ground floor unit to office||Initial|
|0641/F||117 - 121 Shankill Rd||27 Mar 2020||Change of use of garage/workshop to accommodate extension of funeral directors with in curtilage parking||Initial|
|0635/F||12 Brooklands St||27 Mar 2020||Change of use from dwelling to self contained self catering holiday accommodation||Initial|
|0592/F||39 Kingsway Pk||27 Mar 2020||Roofspace conversion with change to hipped gable and rear dormer||Initial|
You can also view full details of these applications, including detailed proposals and plans at our public office, by calling 0300 200 7830 (Text Phone 028 9054 0642), or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We are responsible for delivering planning functions in Belfast. This involves:
- receiving and making decisions on the majority of planning applications
- enforcing breaches of planning permission
- making tree preservation orders
- protecting and preserving built heritage
- producing a local development plan outlining how land should be used and developed in the future.
The Northern Ireland Planning Portal is a regional website where you can:
Our public office, located at 4-10 Linenhall Street, is open from 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday.
From here you can pick up an application form, submit a completed application, pay fees and check the status of an application.
The type of work you intend to carry out will determine if you need planning permission, the type of application you need to make and if you need building regulation approval.
We offer a pre-application discussion service for you to speak with a Planning Officer and discuss proposals before you make an application.
If you would like to make an appointment, please complete our Pre-Application Discussion form and return to us using the details on the form.
There are three types of planning applications:
If you want to submit a major application, you need to before submitting your application.
- Local applications: these are typically smaller, more straightforward application.
- Major applications: larger, more complex applications with pre-application requirements.
- Regionally significant applications: these applications will be determined by the Department of Environment.
Forms for local and major applications are available in two ways:
- . You can either print off the form and complete it by hand, or type your application and then print it off.
- You can call into our public office on Linenhall Street and pick up the relevant application form.
Returning your application for planning permission
Your application must be accompanied by the appropriate fee and supporting documentation to be processed.
You can pay your fee in one of two ways:
- pay by cheque – just make it payable to Belfast City Council
- pay by debit or credit card, in person, at our planning offices or over the phone.
Completed application forms and fees can be submitted:
We're unable offer an online application or payment service at this time.
- by post (please enclose a cheque made payable to Belfast City Council)
- in person at our public office on Linenhall Street.
The type, size and complexity of an application will determine how a decision is made. There are three ways in which a decision can be made:
Full details are set out in our Scheme of Delegation.
- Our Planning Committee will consider all major applications and others it feels may be of significance for the city.
- A planning officer may have the authority to determine smaller, more straightforward applications.
- The Department of the Environment will make decisions that have regional significance.
If you'd like to speak to our planning committee about a planning application, please complete the form below. You need to have the application reference number and you must submit the request at least 48 hours before the committee meeting. You can only speak to committee if you've submitted a written response to an application.
Once we receive your application we will be in touch with more information.