Book an inspection
Our offices are closed, but we are working remotely with a limited service. You can email email@example.com for any queries.
We’re unable to:
- carry out site inspections.
- issue completion certificates where an inspection is necessary.
- answer 028 9027 0650.
We have put the following new measures in place:
Please don’t request inspections at present.
However, we are exploring a process for carrying out virtual inspections, which may offer an alternative to in person inspections in some circumstances, and are also working on a site inspection protocol for coming out of lockdown based on latest Government health and safety guidance.
We will provide information on our plans, and on when we will be recommencing site inspections, on our website as soon as possible.
Making statutory notifications
If you are continuing with building work you should still tell us when you have reached any of the stages named below, when we would normally inspect (that is you should continue to make statutory notifications to us as you are legally obliged to do).
Please do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will record the statutory notification against your application.
Make sure to tell us:
- the property address,
- works description,
- our application reference number where possible,
- the stage of work and
- any information about materials used.
You may want to take a photographic record of these stages and throughout your build.
We do not want you to send photographic evidence to us now. However, on the return of normal business activity, we will make enquiry in relation to building regulation compliance, and to do this we may receive and consider photographic or video evidence about the works, where deemed appropriate, in conjunction with site inspection.
Getting technical advice
In some instances, you may be able to contact individual surveyors you have been dealing with by mobile or email. This may not always be possible.
For technical queries contact us by email on email@example.com and a surveyor will get in touch.
Book an inspection
Due to COVID-19, you can't book a site inspection at present, but normally you can book by phone, or by visiting our office.
- phone us on 028 9027 0650, or
- visit our office: Ground Floor, Cecil Ward Building, 4-10 Linenhall Street, Belfast, BT2 8BP.
Before starting work and booking an inspection, please make sure you have planning permission for the work if it is required.
Most inspections take place during office hours, these are:
|Monday - Thursday
||9am - 5pm
||9am - 4.30pm
Office hours may vary on public and bank
holidays. Visit our holiday arrangements for holiday opening hours.
If you need an inspection outside these times, call us and we'll try to facilitate.
Please book before 10am if you need an inspection carried out on the same day, and we'll try to visit your property that day.
If we get an inspection request after 10am it will be carried out on the next day.
It is your legal responsibility to tell us when your building work is at the following stages (statutory notifications):
- When you start the work.
- When you dig the foundations.
- When you pour the foundation concrete.
- When you fit a damp-proof course.
- When you lay and compress the site hardcore (for example, with a roller).
- When you lay the concrete subfloor.
- When you lay the drainage system (both before, and after backfilling).
- Before covering any sound insulation measures.
- Before covering any above ground structural elements.
- When the work is finished.
- Any other stages the surveyor on-site asks you to tell us about.
We may do tests on drains and private sewers or ask you to have the tests carried out. We may also take samples of materials being used to make sure they meet Building Regulations requirements. If we don't get the chance to inspect important work, we have the power to have the works opened up so we can see them.