Our offices at Cecil Ward Building are closed, but we are working remotely with a limited service.
While our service continues to operate, some of our staff have been furloughed. This may impact our service delivery and ability to respond as quickly as usual but we hope to limit impact as much as possible.
Please continue to contact us as outlined below during this period and we will resolve any issues as quickly as possible.
- accept building regulations applications by post. We are now, as resources allow, processing applications, and issuing communications about them, including rejection notices and approvals.
- respond to reports of dangerous structures where the safety of the public is a concern. Call us on 028 9027 0603 during office hours or 07850 499 622 outside office hours.
- deal with emergency queries about Affordable Warmth - call us on 028 9027 0651 during office hours.
- continue to answer your queries. In some cases, you may be able to contact individual surveyors you have been dealing with by mobile or email. You can also contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or for technical queries on email@example.com
- accept property certificates by post, or by email - if you’re a solicitor and would like to make a property certificate application for conveyancing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you an application form and guidance notes for the temporary process we have introduced.
We’re unable to:
- answer 028 9027 0650 as the office is closed.
- issue completion certificates where an inspection is necessary,
- carry out site inspections - see book a site inspection for guidance (although we are exploring a process to carry out virtual inspections, and working on a site inspection protocol for coming out of lockdown based on latest Government health and safety guidance.)
In some instances, you may be able to contact individual surveyors you have been dealing with by mobile or email.
If you have an urgent request, please email: email@example.com
We will monitor the situation and will share further updates on our plans as soon as they are available.
Apply to us for building regulations approval.
Book a site inspection to make sure it meets building regulations.
Find out about building regulations and whether you need to apply for building regulation approval.
Report a dangerous structure or an open and vacant building.
Information on energy performance certificates, displaying of energy performance certificates, display energy certificates and air conditioning inspection reports.
Fees for domestic and non-domestic work.
Information about radon and how it can affect your building work.
We're responsible for the naming of streets and numbering of properties in Belfast.
Guidelines to help make sure homes and businesses are properly designed for waste storage and access.