Development plans for Marrowbone Millennium Park
Working in partnership with the Urban Villages Initiative, we have developed initial designs which will help to develop a thriving, welcoming and shared space in Marrowbone.
The proposal is being designed for the needs of the local community, which will include facilities catering for a range of experiences.
Plans for the park focus on:
- New playground - relocation and redesign a new, larger playground with equipment for children of all ages and abilities.
- Sports facilities - widening and lengthening the existing 3G pitch and building a new changing pavilion. The plan also includes the installation of a new, free-to-use, multi-use games area (MUGA) for a variety of ball sports.
- Event space - retention and improvement of the large grass area to allow for events such as summer festivals and community fun days.
- Lighting - installation of lighting throughout the park to improve visibility during the hours of darkness.
- Reducing thick woodland - thinning out woodland along Jamaica Road to improve sightlines right across the park.
- Boundary fencing - replacement of the existing fencing along Oldpark Road with new attractive and robust fencing.
- New stepped entrance - improved access to the park from Jamaica Road.
- Additional entrance - creation of a new entrance at the northern corner of the park.
- Existing entrance - improvements to the appearance of the existing entrance on Oldpark Road.
Current stage of development
We ran a four week public consultation from Friday 23 November to Friday 21 December 2018, seeking feedback from the local community and stakeholders on the initial designs for the improvement work at Marrowbone.
Moving forward, The Urban Villages Initiative will use this feedback to draft a business case, which will include, if necessary, revised concept designs and costs.
For more information, please call 028 9032 0202 extension 6465, or email email@example.com
This consultation ran in tandem with a consultation on a long-term development plan to create a thriving, welcoming and shared space within the current Ballysillan Playing Fields site.