Working in partnership with the Urban Villages Initiative, we have developed initial designs which will help to develop a thriving, welcoming and shared space in Marrowbone.
The proposal is being designed for the needs of the local community, which will include facilities catering for a range of experiences.
Plans for the park focus on:
- New playground - relocation and redesign a new, larger playground with equipment for children of all ages and abilities.
- Sports facilities - widening and lengthening the existing 3G pitch and building a new changing pavilion. The plan also includes the installation of a new, free-to-use, multi-use games area (MUGA) for a variety of ball sports.
- Event space - retention and improvement of the large grass area to allow for events such as summer festivals and community fun days.
- Lighting - installation of lighting throughout the park to improve visibility during the hours of darkness.
- Reducing thick woodland - thinning out woodland along Jamaica Road to improve sightlines right across the park.
- Boundary fencing - replacement of the existing fencing along Oldpark Road with new attractive and robust fencing.
- New stepped entrance - improved access to the park from Jamaica Road.
- Additional entrance - creation of a new entrance at the northern corner of the park.
- Existing entrance - improvements to the appearance of the existing entrance on Oldpark Road.
Following an extensive public consultation, we are now finalising designs. A new planning application will be submitted in the near future.
For more information, email email@example.com or call 028 9032 0202.