Working in partnership with the Urban Villages Initiative, we have developed initial designs which will help to develop a thriving, welcoming and shared space in Marrowbone.
The proposal is being designed for the needs of the local community, which will include facilities catering for a range of experiences.
Plans for the park focus on:
- New playground - relocation and redesign a new, larger playground with equipment for children of all ages and abilities.
- Sports facilities - widening and lengthening the existing 3G pitch and building a new changing pavilion. The plan also includes the installation of a new, free-to-use, multi-use games area (MUGA) for a variety of ball sports.
- Event space - retention and improvement of the large grass area to allow for events such as summer festivals and community fun days.
- Lighting - installation of lighting throughout the park to improve visibility during the hours of darkness.
- Reducing thick woodland - thinning out woodland along Jamaica Road to improve sightlines right across the park.
- Boundary fencing - replacement of the existing fencing along Oldpark Road with new attractive and robust fencing.
- New stepped entrance - improved access to the park from Jamaica Road.
- Additional entrance - creation of a new entrance at the northern corner of the park.
- Existing entrance - improvements to the appearance of the existing entrance on Oldpark Road.
Full planning permission has now been granted for the project and it is anticipated that work will get underway in early 2022.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 028 9032 0202.