Register a stillbirth
Please telephone our registration office on 028 9027 0455 and we will guide you through the registering process.
The registration office opening hours are:
|Monday to Thursday
||9.30am to 4.15pm
||9.30am to 3.45pm
|Saturday and Sunday
|Public and bank holidays
||View holiday arrangements
You can make an appointment by telephone, 028 9027 0455,
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide a contact telephone number when possible.
What information will I need?
You will need a medical certificate, signed by a doctor, which shows the cause of stillbirth. We will also need:
- full name and surname of the baby
- date and place of death
- usual address
- full names and occupations of the baby's mother and father.
Who can register?
- mother or father of the baby
- maternal grandfather
- maternal grandmother
- maternal uncle
- maternal aunt
- occupier of the premises where the stillbirth took place, for example, a governor or matron
- any person present at the stillbirth.
Advice and support
The nidirect website has details of organisations which can provide support after a bereavement.