Scheme of Emergency Financial Assistance following winter flooding
The Department of the Environment has announced a one off payment scheme of £1,000 for small businesses, recreational and community facilities and places of worship that have suffered severe inconvenience as a result of flooding during 7 November 2015 to 31 January 2016 period.
We will administer this scheme in Belfast on behalf of the department. The £1,000 payment is a contribution towards practical assistance, and not a compensation payment.
Individual small businesses, recreational and community facilities and places of worship will be eligible for the £1,000 payment where:
- the items would not typically be covered by insurance
- the small business employed less than 25 people at the time of the flooding incident
- they were able to demonstrate a remedial cost of at least £1,000
- they were operating in rateable premises or premises exempt from rates
If your premises meets the criteria outlined, and you wish to apply for this payment, please complete the form below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by post to our offices.
To allow us to process your application, please submit forms before Friday 22 April 2016.
You must submit the following documentary evidence with the application:
- a copy of the most recent rates bill (if applicable)
- copy of photographic ID – Passport, driver licence, electoral card, national identity card, bus pass
- evidence of position held in organisation (if applicable)
- copy of recent utility bill (within the last three months)
- invoices and receipts of expenditure (original documents must be submitted)