As part of our #AWeeBitOfHope campaign, we’re looking for a cover picture for the summer edition of our City Matters residents’ magazine.
We want to find a colourful picture of life in Belfast, which reflects our hope that better days are coming.
It could be people exercising in our parks, an inspiring landmark, flowers in your garden or something else that’s put a smile on your face this spring!
The winning picture will be seen by households across the city from June 2021 and will also receive a £50 Belfast City Centre Gift Card.
To enter, use #AWeeBitOfHope when sharing your pictures on social media or tag us in your shots, using our handles:
Twitter (link opens in new window) - @belfastcc
Facebook (link opens in new window) - @belfastcitycouncil
Instagram (link opens in new window) - @belfastcitycouncil
You can also email your pictures to email@example.com. We need all competition entries by Wednesday 5 May 2021.
Terms and conditions
- All photos shared using #AWeeBitOfHope on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram will be considered as entries for our competition.
- The final decision on the winner will be made by Marketing and Communications team, Belfast City Council.
- Entries must be received by Wednesday 5 May 2021.
- Photos must be high resolution (300 DPI).
- There is no limit to how many photos you can enter.
- Your picture must be taken within the Belfast City Council area.
Who can enter
- The competition is open to everyone, except professional photographers and employees of Belfast City Council.
- We cannot accept photographs that have won prizes in other external competitions.
- Photographers must seek permission from anyone who is recognisable in any photograph or secure the permission of parents or guardians for the photographs of minors or vulnerable adults.
How we’ll use your photo
- The winning entrant will be contacted in advance of publication, via social media or email, to ensure they are content for their photo to be used.
- The winning photo will be used on the front cover of the summer edition of City Matters magazine. It will be distributed to households in June 2021.
- It will also be used on Belfast City Council’s website and social media channels to promote our #AWeeBitOfHope campaign, including at the time of the magazine’s distribution to households.
- Copyright for the photo remains with the winning entrant. The entrant will be acknowledged with all usage of the winning photo, either by name or by use of their social media handle.
- No commercial payment will be made by the council for the use of the winning photograph.
- The winning entrant will also receive a £50 Belfast City Centre Gift Card. This will be provided when the magazine is published, in June 2021. It is valid for one year.
- By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules.
If you want more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 028 9027 0230.