Play and play development
Play is an important part of the childhood. Helping children to grow and develop is a key part of a playworker’s job. As a team, we provide an extending play opportunities for children, in a space in which they can explore, understand and learn how to cope with their environment and the world. The Play Service is underlined by Playwork Principles, which describe what is unique about play and playwork, and provide the playwork perspective for working with children and young people.
Play Service aims and objectives
- To improve children’s lives by providing and supporting quality play opportunities across Belfast
- To provide play opportunities in a range of environments
- To provide play services in areas with limited play opportunities
- To support and enable child-led play opportunities
- To promote inclusion through provision of play types
- To support play projects in local communities through training, resources and practical support
- To raise awareness of the value of play
- To develop ways to measure quality of the service.
For more information contact Aideen McLaughlin, Play Development Officer on 028 9027 0470 / 07876477373 or email email@example.com
Our six play centres are managed by qualified and experienced play staff. Activities include after-schools clubs, Saturday clubs and seasonal schemes.
|Avoniel Play Centre||Avoniel Leisure Centre,
BT5 4SE||028 9045 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ballysillan Play Centre||80 Ballysillan Park
BT14 8HD||028 9072 email@example.com|
|Loop River Play Centre||Courtney Hall,
76A Cregagh Road,
BT6 9EQ||028 9045 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|North Queen Street||Henry Street,
BT15 1DJ||028 9075 email@example.com|
BT12 6HR||028 9027 firstname.lastname@example.org|
BT12 5HQ||079 7996 email@example.com|
Play centre opening hours may vary during public holidays.
View our holiday arrangements