A-Z: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Making a complaint about the conduct of a Councillor

The Northern Ireland Local Government Code of Conduct for Councillors (the Code) sets out principles and rules of conduct which Councillors must observe. If you have evidence that a Councillor, or former Councillor, may have breached the Code, you can complain to the Northern Ireland Local Government Commissioner for Standards (the Commissioner). The Commissioner is independent of government and the Council, and this service is free to complainants. 

Have a look online at how to make a complaint, and the particular information on Code and the process which applies to complaints received by the Commissioner. Alternatively you can obtain a complaint form, further information about making a complaint, and a copy of the Code from the Commissioner’s website at