We're signed up to the national disability network RADAR (The Royal Association for Disability and Rehabilitation).
This means that, if you are disabled and living in Belfast, you can get a RADAR key to use in any of our public toilets. These keys also provide access to any public toilet in the UK that has been locked to protect it from vandalism or misuse.
To request a RADAR key you can:
Public toilets with disabled access
We have 13 public toilets with disabled access in Belfast. These are located at:
- Arthur Lane (Arthur Street)
- Church Lane (Ann Street)
- Winetavern Street (North Street)
- Custom House Square
- Lombard Street
- Connswater (Westminster Avenue)
- Agnes Street (Shankill Road)
- Waterworks, Antrim Road
- Falls Park (bowling pavilion)
- Ormeau Embankment
- Drumglass Park (Lisburn Road)
- Gasworks, Ormeau Road
- Bankmore Square, Dublin Road.
For more information about the RADAR scheme, visit www.radar.org.uk
Belfast City Hall Changing Places facility
The Changing Places facility offers:
• Height adjustable adult sized changing bench
• Centrally placed toilet with space either side
• Accessible shower
• Non-slip floor
• Privacy screen
Access to the facility is available Monday- Sunday 9am-10pm. An access card is available from the main City Hall reception desk at the following times:
• Monday to Thursday, 9am - 5pm
• Friday, 9am - 4.30pm
• Saturday and Sunday, 10am-5pm
Outside of these hours, the access card is available from security staff, at the back gate of City Hall, located on Donegall Square South.