One day: 9.30am - 4.30pm
Microsoft Visio Professional is a comprehensive diagramming and drawing package. It can be used to convey information from a more visual perspective, through the creation of flowcharts, organisation charts, technical drawings, timelines and calendars. Visio can also be fully integrated with all other Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
This course is carried out on request. Please contact the training team to arrange a training date.
A basic understanding of Microsoft Windows.
||Create and save a new visio file
||Flowchart shapes and formatting
||Connecting flowchart shapes
||Adding text to shapes and lines
||Formatting the chart
||Page layout and background pages
||Creating and formatting a cross-functional flowchart
||Adding detail to cross-functional flowcharts
Goals and objectives
- To introduce Microsoft Visio and its functions as a graphics tool used for drawing flow charts etc.
- To develop and improve the users’ understanding of working with drawing types and the various ways in which a document’s appearance can be changed.
- To improve the users’ knowledge of the various tools provided within Visio and, thus, make their use of this graphics application more efficient.
After completing this course the user will be able to:
- Open Microsoft Visio
- Open existing documents and create new types of Visio documents
- Open extra stencils and move them around on a drawing page
- Use the drawing tools to place lines and shapes on a page
- Use different types of selection handles to modify the appearance of drawing shapes
- Use appropriate commands to copy, paste, rotate, align and distribute shapes
- Use different types of connector tools to connect shapes for flowchart creation
- Add text to shapes and lines, and add text blocks to a page
- Format shapes, lines and text using the toolbars and drop down menus
- Insert extra pages and apply a background page to a foreground page
- Insert fields to contain information such as page numbers and file directories
- Create and format a cross-functional flowchart
- Add shapes and connect them in a cross-functional flowchart
- Create an organisation chart using single and multiple shapes
- Use the background, borders and titles stencils to format the background of a drawing and add a title block throughout all pages in a file
- Change the layout and hide layers of an organisation chart
- Create a custom stencil and add customised shapes and imported pictures to it.
External attendees: £110 plus VAT per candidate.