Are you a keen walker or jogger? Take part in parkrun, a 5km (three miles) timed walk, jog or run. It's free and open to all ages and abilities. Every week 800 to 1200 people take part in four of our parks:
- Waterworks - every Saturday at 9.30am in association with North Belfast Harriers
- Victoria Park - every Saturday at 9.30am in association with Orangegrove Athletics
- Falls Park in west Belfast - every Saturday at 9.30am. Tea, coffee and squash will be available at the finish in the Bowling Club.
- Ormeau Park in south Belfast - every Saturday at 9.30am
- Orangefield Park in east Belfast - every Saturday at 9.30am
parkrun also takes place in Queen's Dub Playing Fields (in Queen’s University Sport at upper Malone), Colin Glen Forest Park and in the Stormont estate every Saturday at 9.30am.
How to register
parkrun is free. You must register online in advance.
- Register for the parkrun at www.parkrun.org.uk
- Print out your personal barcode and bring it with you on the day.
Enjoy a coffee after your run, walk or jog. You will get a text or email with your results a couple of hours after you complete your parkrun.
For more details, call Matt Shields on 07595 269308.
Car parking at Victoria Park
If you're attending parkrun at Victoria Park, car parking is available on site (103 spaces). But if the car park is already full, there are other parking options close by at:
- Sam Thompson Bridge - to access this car park go to the SSE Arena / Dee Street roundabout and then go along the Airport Road until you reach the parking available on the right at the bridge (34 spaces)
- Alderman Tommy Patton Memorial Park - access through the Holywood Road (90 spaces)
- Download our map showing car parking available in and near Victoria Park (PDF - 2.3MB)
If you use on-street parking close to Victoria Park, please be courteous to residents in the area and do not block driveways or access routes.
Unfortunately, we've received complaints about cars driving too fast through the tunnel at the entrance at Victoria Park. Pedestrians and cyclists also use this tunnel, so for everyone's safety, please approach the tunnel with caution and observe the 5mph speed limit in the park.
Thanks and enjoy your run!