If you're selling or offering a mobile catering service and wish to trade from one of our parks you must have a franchise agreement with us.
We have franchise agreements with mobile catering traders for ice cream, confectionery, hot and cold drinks, hot and cold food, light snacks and tray bakes. Traders are not allowed to sell alcohol or tobacco. The franchise agreement is exclusive to the catering vendor and is not transferable. There may be more than one catering vendor at any park at any time.
The application process usually begins with public advertisement for expressions of interest, after which application packs are issued. A quality based selection process follows and thereafter franchise agreements are offered. We are not inviting new applications.
Documents to include when applying
You will need to provide:
- basic disclosure certificate from Access NI (people who are not NI residents can get details of how to obtain a similar certificate by contacting us)
- electrical test certificates for all portable electrical appliances used and any generators.
- Gas safety certificates for all gas appliances, connections and flues used
- certificate of maintenance of any fire extinguishers used, especially where gas or electrical equipment is used
- valid MOT test certificate for any vehicle used in the trading activity
- evidence you have registered, or applied for registration with the relevant local authority for food hygiene and health and safety (if required)
We are not inviting applications from new traders.
The procurement process, from application to offer, usually takes six to eight weeks. The franchise agreement is usually offered for one year from 1 April and may include the option to renew for a further year or more.
The franchise agreement is for 365 days a year. Trading is allowed in line with park opening hours. You are not allowed to trade until you sign a franchise agreement.
For information on street trading in Belfast, go to Licences and permits.