The Inner North West Masterplan
We’ve developed an Inner North West Masterplan, to guide development in this area. It is supported by strong urban design principles that will help shape the proposals.
The area, which covers 42.4 acres and is located in the city centre, is experiencing significant change, mostly as a result of a number of approved and planned development opportunities.
The masterplan seeks to create a new city centre mixed neighbourhood that:
- incorporates a mix of uses, including residential, commercial, retail and leisure, all joined through a strong and cohesive public realm
- considers the heritage of the area and the historic urban grain
- reinstates the historically lively economy of the Inner North West area
- promotes ‘city centre living’, with its social and environmental benefits
- strengthens the city centre’s urban fabric and streetscapes
- supports and strengthens pedestrian connections within the city centre, and to and from adjoining neighbourhoods
- delivers the ambitions of the Belfast Agenda, in line with the Local Development Plan.
Read the documents online
The master plan and action plan are published online.
Read Belfast Inner North West Masterplan
Read Belfast Inner North West Action Plan
Documents in other formats
The Belfast Inner North West Masterplan and Belfast Inner North West Action Plan are available in other formats. To ask for a copy, contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 028 9027 0609.