You must book if you have one of these vehicles
- A van that falls within these size requirements:
- no larger or longer than a long wheel base transit type van – 5.8m
- weighs up to 3.5 tonnes fully laden
- any vehicle larger than 5.8m and/or over 3.5 tonne is not permitted to use the recycling centres.
- A trailer over 1.8m (six feet) but less than three metres (10 feet) – double axle trailers.
- A hired commercial van. You’ll need to show your hire agreement.
- A campervan.
If your vehicle is on this list, you must book your slot at a recycling centre.
How to book a slot
You can book a slot quickly and easily online. You’ll need an email address to receive confirmation of your booking. Just select your preferred site, time slot, input your email address, some general vehicle details, then hit book and you will receive a booking confirmation. You must bring your booking confirmation (on your mobile device or a print out) to enter the recycling centre. If you have not received your email confirmation, you should check your junk email folder.
Book a slot (link opens in new window)
Vans are not permitted on sites on Sundays.
Temporary arrangements are in place in order to protect your and our staff's health and safety, and to facilitate social distancing in line with the current public health advice.
- There may be some queues and delays, so please co-operate with any traffic arrangements in place and the instructions from staff to allow vehicles to enter and exit our sites safely.
- The number of vehicles on-site at any one time will be restricted.
- Please separate your recyclable materials before arriving at the recycling centre. This will help to reduce any delays during your ten-minute booking slot.
- You will be responsible for unloading your own waste to maintain social distancing from staff. Should you require help with a bulky item, we suggest that you bring a passenger.
- If you are self-isolating or have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) you should not visit a recycling centre.
- Please show respect for our staff at all times. We have a zero-tolerance policy on work-related violence.
These vehicles don’t need to book
- 4 x 4s
- multi-purpose vehicle (MPV) or people carrier
- trailers with bed length up to 1.8m
- bicycles, motorcycles
Vehicles that are not permitted to use any recycling centres
- vehicles over 3.5 tonnes when fully laden (including minibuses)
- trailer with a length of over 3 metres (10 feet)
- vehicles longer than 5.8m
Residents who arrive on site in a van or light goods vehicle without booking will not be admitted.
Use of tipping mechanisms are not permitted.
Our booking system is only for larger and commercial type vehicles wanting to take domestic waste to a recycling centre.
We only accept domestic waste at our recycling centres. We will not accept commercial waste.
If you have difficulty booking online, please call our booking support team on 028 9027 0695. Lines are open Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm, excluding public holidays.