Booking your vehicle
We use an online booking system for vans and light goods vehicles only to manage our four recycling centres effectively and help keep everyone safe when they’re using our sites.
All other vehicles do not have to book in advance – this includes cars, 4x4s, multi-purpose vehicles (MPVs) or people carriers, trailers with bed lengths of up to 1.8m, bicycles and motorcycles.
Who needs to book
You must book in to use any of our recycling centres if you have one of these vehicles:
- A van that falls within these size requirements:
- no larger or longer than a long wheelbase transit type van – 5.8m
- weighs up to 3.5 tonnes fully laden
- any vehicle larger than 5.8m and/or over 3.5 tonne is not permitted to use the recycling centres.
- A trailer over 1.8m (six feet) but less than three metres (10 feet) – double axle trailers.
- A hired commercial van. You’ll need to show your hire agreement.
- A camper van.
Van bookings are not taken for Sundays, as this is the busiest day of the week at our centres.
How to book a slot
You can book a slot quickly and easily online.
You’ll need an email address to receive confirmation of your booking.
Just select your preferred site, time slot, input your email address, some general vehicle details, then hit book and you will receive a booking confirmation.
You must bring your booking confirmation (on your mobile device or a print-out) to enter the recycling centre. If you have not received your email confirmation, you should check your junk email folder.
Book a slot (link opens in new window)
- There may be some queues and delays, so co-operate with any traffic arrangements in place and the instructions from staff to allow vehicles to enter and exit our sites safely.
- The number of vehicles on-site at any one time will be restricted.
- Separate your recyclable materials before arriving at the recycling centre. This will help to reduce any delays during your ten-minute booking slot. If you need help with a bulky item, you should bring a passenger.
- Show respect for our staff at all times. We have a zero-tolerance policy on work-related violence.
- Residents who arrive on site in a van or light goods vehicle without booking will not be admitted.
- Use of tipping mechanisms are not permitted.
Our booking system is only for larger and commercial type vehicles wanting to take domestic waste to a recycling centre. We do not accept commercial waste at our centres.
Vehicles that are not permitted to use our recycling centres
We cannot facilitate these vehicles at our recycling centres:
- vehicles over 3.5 tonnes when fully laden (including minibuses)
- trailer with a length of over 3 metres (10 feet)
- vehicles longer than 5.8m
Help with your online booking
If you have difficulty booking a slot online, call our booking support team on 028 9027 0695.
You can call us from Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm, excluding public holidays.