To assist with traffic management and social distancing, we have introduced a booking system for vans and light goods vehicles using our recycling centres.
You must book if you have one of the following vehicles:
- Any van that falls within these size requirements:
- no larger or longer than a long wheel base transit type van – 5.8m
- weighs up to 3.5 tonnes fully laden
- A trailer over 1.8m (6 feet) but less than 3 metres (10 feet) – double axle trailers.
- A hired commercial van. You’ll need to show your hire agreement.
- If your vehicle is in this list, you must book your slot at a recycling centre.
How to book a slot
You can book a slot quickly and easily online. You’ll need an email address to receive confirmation of your booking. Just select your preferred site, time slot, input your email address, some general vehicle details, then hit book and you will receive a booking confirmation. Please remember to bring the booking confirmation with you (on your mobile device or a print out) to enter the recycling centre.
You may also be asked to provide proof of residency to gain access. Examples of proof of address we will accept include your driving licence, a utility bill (gas, electricity, broadband), or a bank statement.
The following vehicles don’t need to book:
- 4 x 4s
- multi-purpose vehicle (MPV) or people carrier
- trailers with bed length up to 1.8m
- bicycles, motorcycles
Vehicles that are not permitted to use any recycling centres
- box and Luton type vans
- vehicles over 3.5 tonnes when fully laden (including minibuses)
- trailer with a length of over 3 metres (10 feet)
- camper vans longer than 5.8m
Residents who arrive on site in a van or light goods vehicle without booking will not be admitted.
Use of tipping mechanisms and tail lifts on site are not permitted.
Please note our new booking system is only for larger and commercial type vehicles wanting to take domestic waste to a recycling centre.
We only accept domestic waste at our recycling centres. We will not accept commercial waste.
If you have difficulty booking online, please call our booking support team on 02890 270 695. Lines are open Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm, excluding public holidays.