Funding support for groups
We give grants and funding to various groups, clubs and societies in Belfast. Groups must be eligible to apply. Our grants can help voluntary, community, sporting, faith and cultural groups to organise and run events or activities.
Grants open for applications
Grants closed to applications
These grants are closed or suspended.
||Closed or suspended
|COVID-19 Community Recovery Support Fund Microgrant
||Funding to support community response to the impact of COVID-19 in Belfast
|Policing Committee funding grants
||Applications for District Policing and Community Safety Partnership (DPCSP) Policing Committee grants for north and east Belfast are suspended
|Summer Community Diversionary Festival programme
||This programme provides funding support for festival activity that is developed and led by a community organisation or a community-led partnership or consortium.
||For more information and guidance notes, visit our online funding hub (link opens in new window).
|COVID-19 Recovery Revitalisation Grant
||Belfast-based businesses, social enterprises and charities can apply for a grant. The scheme can provide funding up to 100% of costs for capital items to a maximum of £2,500. The minimum application amount is £500.
Grants can be used for costs associated with COVID-19 adaptations, such as:
Certain costs are not eligible such as:
- changes to internal and external layouts to help with social distancing
- sanitisation stations
- signage, awnings or canopies
- collection and delivery points
- outdoor seating or heating and barriers
For more information and guidance on how to apply, visit online funding (link opens in new window).
- consumable items for example hand sanitiser, masks, gloves, visors or alcohol
- costs that are not auditable for example cash payments
- mortgage payments, rent, rates, salaries insurance costs or utility costs
- debt, retrospective costs or second hand equipment
- fees for professional services or statutory applications
- warranty or training costs
- vehicle or transportation costs
- buying stock for general trading
If you are organising an event that will prohibit or restrict traffic with your grant or funding, you should read road closures information to find out what you need to do to apply for a road closure.