Funding support for groups
We give grants and funding to various groups, clubs and societies in Belfast. Groups must be eligible to apply. Our grants can help voluntary, community, sporting, faith and cultural groups to organise and run events or activities. Applications are open for our summer funding programme and COVID-19 Recovery Revitalisation Grants.
Grants open for applications
There are no grants open for applications.
Grants closed for applications
Our other grants are closed or suspended.
Policing Committee funding grants
Applications for District Policing and Community Safety Partnership (DPCSP) Policing Committee grants for north and east Belfast are suspended
|Summer Community Diversionary Festival programme
||This programme provides funding support for festival activity that is developed and led by a community organisation or a community-led partnership or consortium.
Small grants are closed for applications. For more information and guidance notes, visit our online funding hub.
- Community Festivals Fund
- Arts and Heritage Project Grant
- Policing and Community Safety Grant
- Good Relations Grant
- Summer Intervention Fund
- Parks Events Grant
- Support for Sport: Sports Event Grant
- Support for Sport: Large Development Grant
- Support for Sport: Small Development Grant
- Support for Sport: Hospitality Grant
- Support for Sport: Sporting Individuals Grant
- Community Development Project Grant
- Community Development Summer Scheme Grant
|COVID-19 Recovery Revitalisation Grant
Belfast-based businesses, social enterprises and charities can apply for a grant. The scheme can provide funding up to 100% of costs for capital items to a maximum of £2,500. The minimum application amount is £500.
Grants can be used for costs associated with COVID-19 adaptations, such as:
- changes to internal and external layouts to help with social distancing
- sanitisation stations
- signage, awnings or canopies
- collection and delivery points
- outdoor seating or heating and barriers
Certain costs are not eligible such as:
- consumable items for example hand sanitiser, masks, gloves, visors or alcohol
- costs that are not auditable for example cash payments
- mortgage payments, rent, rates, salaries insurance costs or utility costs
- debt, retrospective costs or second hand equipment
- fees for professional services or statutory applications
- warranty or training costs
- vehicle or transportation costs
- buying stock for general trading
For more information and guidance on how to apply, visit online funding (opens in new window).
If you are organising an event that will prohibit or restrict traffic with your grant or funding, you should read road closures information to find out what you need to do to apply for a road closure.