Report an abandoned vehicle
It is an offence to abandon a motor vehicle on a public road or on land in the open air. The council can take action to remove vehicles that are considered abandoned.
If you notice a vehicle which:
- has been stationary for a long time
- is damaged, vandalised or burnt out
- is unroadworthy, with flat tyres or broken windows
- contains waste
- is missing one or both registration plates
and think that it has been abandoned, you can report it to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning 0800 032 8100.
Report a nuisance vehicle
A nuisance vehicle is when a business causes an obstruction by having vehicles on the road.
For example if the business is:
- selling two or more vehicles parked within 500m of each other on a road
- carrying out repairs to vehicles parked on a street.
If we find a business causing an obstruction in this way we can fine them £100 under street trading legislation.
To report a nuisance vehicle caused by a business, email email@example.com or telephone 028 9027 0650.