What is human trafficking?
Human trafficking is happening everywhere, including Belfast. It can affect anyone, of any age, gender or nationality, and if you know the signs, it will be easier to report.
The signs of human trafficking
- working against their will?
- having their movements controlled?
- subject to violence or threats?
Do they appear to:
- live in overcrowded accommodation?
- have bruises or unexplained injuries?
- work excessive hours?
- be in a situation of dependence?
How to report it
If you are suspicious that human trafficking is going on, you can report it to:
Crimestoppers - 0800 555 111
PSNI - 999
Migrant helpline - 077 6666 8781