We encourage you to submit your application online using the Planning Portal, as we can deal with it more quickly. This includes:
- Outline and Full Planning Applications
- Advertisement and Listed Building Consent Applications
- Discharge of Condition Applications (DC)
- Non-Material Change Applications (NMC)
- Proposal of Application Notice Applications (PAN)
Your application must be accompanied by the appropriate fee (link opens in new window) and supporting documentation for us to be able to deal with it. Please use our Application Checklist to make sure you have submitted the right information.
The Department for Infrastructure announced an inflationary increase in planning fees coming into effect from Thursday 6 April 2023.
Payment of fees
You can pay your fee in one of two ways:
- By card using the Planning Portal (link opens in new window)
- By BACS using the payment details below. To help us to cross reference your payment with your application you must include the site address as a reference in your BACs transfer. Failure to do so will mean that the fee cannot be allocated to your application and it will be deemed invalid.
Payee: Belfast City Council – Planning
Reference: Site address
Sort Code: 20 05 94
Account No: 20522031
Address: Barclays Corporate, 6th Floor, Donegall House, 7 Donegall Square North, Belfast, BT1 5GB
Submitting your application forms and fees
Please submit new applications using the Planning Portal (link opens in new window), following our guidance document.
You can post planning applications to Belfast Planning Service, Ground Floor, Cecil Ward Building, 4-10 Linenhall Street, Belfast, BT2 8BP. However, please be aware that postal applications are taking longer to process.