In most cases you will need to use a standard application form (link opens in new window) to submit your application. Your application must be accompanied by the appropriate fee (link opens in new window) and supporting documentation for us to be able to deal with it. Please use our Application Checklist to make sure you have submitted the right information.
You can submit applications for Non Material Change, Discharge of Condition or Proposal of Application Notice (PAN) online:
- Submit Non Material Change application
- Submit Discharge of Condition application
- Submit Proposal of Application Notice (PAN) application
You can also email email@example.com to request a copy of an application form for Non Material Change, Discharge of Condition or Proposal of Application Notice (PAN).
Payment of fees
You can pay your fee in one of two ways:
- By BACS using the payment details below. To help us to cross reference your payment with your application you must include the site address as a reference in your BACs transfer. Failure to do so will mean that the fee cannot be allocated to your application and it will be deemed invalid.
Payee: Belfast City Council – Planning
Reference: Site address
Sort Code: 20 05 94
Account No: 20522031
Address: Barclays Corporate, 6th Floor, Donegall House, 7 Donegall Square North, Belfast, BT1 5GB
- By cheque. Please make it payable to Belfast City Council.
Submitting your application forms and fees
You can post planning applications to Belfast Planning Service, Ground Floor, Cecil Ward Building, 4-10 Linenhall Street, Belfast, BT2 8BP. However, as most staff are working remotely due to COVID-19, postal applications are taking longer to process than emailed submissions.
We are unable to accept hand delivered applications because the office is closed to the public.
If you have submitted an application by email and have not received an acknowledgement within five working days, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We are unable to acknowledge applications submitted by post.
We're unable to offer an online payment service at the moment but you can submit one copy of any reports or technical documents (other than plans and drawings) as a PDF.
Electronic documents should be sent to us either on:
- a CD-ROM
- memory stick, or
- by email to email@example.com.
Please ensure that the file size is no more than 10MB and indicate clearly which application the documents relate to, including the site address and name of the applicant.