In most cases you will need to use a standard application form (link opens in new window) to submit your application. Your application must be accompanied by the appropriate fee and supporting documentation for us to be able to deal with it. Please use our Application Checklist to make sure you have submitted the right information.
If you wish to submit an application for a Non Material Change, Discharge of Condition or Proposal of Application Notice (PAN), please email email@example.com to request the relevant application form.
Payment of fees
You can pay your fee in one of two ways:
- pay by cheque - make it payable to Belfast City Council
- pay by debit or credit card, in person at our planning officers or over the phone.
Submitting your application forms and fees
Completed application forms and fees can be submitted:
- by post to the Belfast Planning Service office (please enclose a cheque made payable to Belfast City Council)
- in person at our Belfast Planning Service office on Linenhall Street.
Our Belfast Planning Service office is located at:
Cecil Ward Building
4-10 Linenhall Street
It is open from 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
We're unable to offer an online application or payment service at the moment but you can submit one copy of any reports or technical documents (other than plans and drawings) as a PDF.
Electronic documents should be sent to us either on:
- a CD-ROM
- memory stick, or
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure that the file size is no more than 10MB and indicate clearly which application the documents relate to, including the site address and name of the applicant.