Go Social Incentive Fund
Our Social Enterprise and Co-operative support to local businesses in the city has been ongoing since 2016.
The Go Social Incentive Fund awards will make a significant impact on the successful applicants and will help them to develop and grow their social enterprise in Belfast.
Find out more about the Go Social Incentive
Join our social economy register
Is your organisation a social enterprise or co-operative based in Belfast? We are inviting organisations in Belfast’s social economy sector to join our social economy register. We want to help Belfast’s social economy sector grow. We need to hear from you to make sure our support is aligned to your needs.
By registering your organisation, you will help us:
- map the sector’s needs
- identify areas where support is needed
- shape any future provision we offer
To register your organisation as a social enterprise or co-operative in Belfast, complete our online form:
Register as a social economy organisation in Belfast (link opens in a new window)
Social enterprise and co-operative support
We can help you when setting up a new social enterprise or co-operative.
Through our tailored support you’ll get:
- advice on legal issues
- best practice visits
- business planning
- help to explore and secure finance
- help to generate ideas
- networking opportunities
- peer to peer learning
- sales and marketing coaching
- support choosing the right governance structure
- tailored workshops
If you’re an individual or group interested in starting a new social enterprise or co-operative, or an organisation which currently relies on funding and you want to explore moving to a social enterprise or co-operative model, contact us on 028 9027 0482 or register your interest online.
Social Enterprise Action Plan 2019-2024
Our Social Enterprise Action Plan aims to grow Belfast's social economy sector to improve the lives of Belfast residents through inclusive growth. This plan was developed following various interviews with the sector and looks at addressing not just the needs of the sector, but also the barriers to growth to enhance the Belfast economy, create jobs for citizens and help to address social issues in the city.
- to raise awareness of Belfast's social economy sector and its work
- to help create a social enterprising culture and increase levels of entrepreneurship in Belfast
- to reach comparative levels of social enterprise activity as in leading UK cities such as London and Edinburgh
- to increase the number of social enterprises in Belfast by supporting at least 250 new start-ups in the city by 2023
- to create employment in Belfast by creating at least 400 new jobs within the sector by 2024
- to develop the business skills and knowledge of the social economy sector and provide accessible support
- to provide a platform for collaboration and partnership working within the sector as well as with the public and private sectors
- to promote the concept of social enterprise across the city using sector champions
For more information on this plan email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 028 9027 0482.