Belfast Zoo’s Visitor Code of Conduct has been updated to reflect the additional health and safety precautions taken during the Covid-19 pandemic. This is to protect the health and safety of our visitors and staff as well as our animals.
If you’re planning a visit to the zoo, you must:
- follow the designated one-way system which is clearly marked out with yellow arrows on the ground. A temporary map illustrating the route is available to all visitors.
- practise social distancing at all times.
- wash or sanitise your hands before, during and after your visit. Sanitising stations are located throughout the zoo site.
- avoid touching surfaces where possible.
- Wear a face covering in all public indoor areas including animal houses, Zoovenir Shop and cafés.
- ensure that all litter is disposed of at the designated litter stations.
- not feed the animals as some are at risk of coronavirus.
- respect the animals by not banging on the glass of their enclosures.
- be careful when walking around as some of our hills are very steep.
- you can use a selfie stick around the zoo site in visitor areas. However, many of our animals are frightened by selfie sticks, so please do not put these into animal enclosures or past the barriers.
- stick to the pathways at all times when in the zoo.
- not enter areas of water in the zoo.
- be aware that zoo vehicles operate in the zoo.
- be aware that the zoo is primarily an outdoors attraction.
Terms and conditions of entry
The following terms and conditions apply to entry to Belfast Zoo:
- dogs (with exception of registered assistance dogs) are not allowed in the zoo. Proof of current inoculations and registration for an assistance dog is required. Your dog will not be permitted entry into the zoo without these.
- fires or barbecues are not permitted.
- no ball games.
- no running.
- no scooters, bikes or Heelys.
- no drones are allowed on site.
- no alcohol is permitted on site.
- children aged 16 years and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- refunds are not available once a ticket has been purchased. Refunds are not available in the event of poor weather.
- you should keep your ticket for inspection.