Contact our education team today to discuss which learning session is most suitable for your class.
All education services must be booked in advance and as the visits are very popular we recommend booking as far in advance as possible to help us accommodate your selected date.
You can also ask for a copy of our booking form by emailing email@example.com.
Complete the relevant booking form and return it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you have completed a booking form and your selected dates and times have been confirmed, the education team will send pre-visit information to help make your session as straightforward as possible. Your booking is not confirmed until you have received a booking confirmation from Belfast Zoo.
Please make your cheque payable to Belfast City Council. We only accept company or school cheques. Personal cheques will not be accepted. We advise that the final amount payable is written onto the cheque when you arrive at Belfast Zoo on the date of your visit to ensure accurate payment information. If the cheque displays a different amount from the final payable amount, the cheque will not be accepted.
You can pay in cash on the day of your group visit.
You can pay by debit or credit card in advance or on the day of your visit.
Some groups may have to inform us at least six weeks in advance of your visit if you wish to be invoiced. This is subject to completion of relevant documentation and financial approval by Belfast City Council.
Find out more about our education visit prices
Terms and conditions
- The payment for a group must be paid in one transaction. This cannot be split between group members.
- Once the booking has been confirmed, the visitor numbers stated cannot be reduced and refunds will not be given for non-attendance. Visitor numbers can be increased (subject to maximum capacity of education sessions) and will be charged accordingly.
- Cheques should be made out to Belfast City Council.
- Only school or company cheques can be accepted, not personal cheques.
- You can pay by cheque in advance or on the day of the visit.
- If the cheque displays a lower amount from the booking amount, the difference must be paid before entry to Belfast Zoo is permitted. No refund will be given for cheques displaying a higher amount from the booking.
- You can pay in cash in advance or on the day of your visit.
- You can pay by debit or credit card on the day of your visit
If you would like to be invoiced, you must contact us at least four weeks in advance of your preferred visit date. You must complete an Invoice Application Request Form in order to gain approval to be invoiced.
- If approval has not been granted by the date of your visit, you must pay via an alternative method or you will not be permitted entry into Belfast Zoo.
- All relevant official order numbers must be communicated to Belfast Zoo at the time of booking.
- Should invoice application be accepted, you will be invoiced in monthly arrears. Invoices are to be paid within 28 days. Failure to adhere to payment terms and conditions may result in invoicing facilities being withdrawn.
- Outreach visits must be paid by invoice or cheque. Cash or card will not be accepted.
- Bookings and final numbers must be confirmed in advance of the visit.
- Refunds will not be issued for non-attendance. Payment will be required for non-attendance.
- Bookings cancelled within 48 hours of visit date will be charged as per the confirmed booking details. Refunds will not be issued for bookings cancelled within 48 hours of visit date. Only in exceptional circumstances (as deemed by Belfast Zoo) will payment for cancellation within 48 hours of visit date be waivered.
- Each Discovery Session hosts a maximum of 30 students.
- Vouchers, special offers or discounts cannot be redeemed in association with the zoo education bookings.
- Your booking only applies to the date(s) agreed and cannot be transferred to other dates unless in exceptional circumstances (as deemed by Belfast Zoo).
- Due to unforeseen operational and animal care circumstances, Belfast Zoo cannot guarantee that all animals, exhibits and activities will be available on the dates selected.
- Belfast Zoo reserves the right to alter or cancel the schedule and planned activities on any given day with no prior notice.
- Belfast Zoo will not cover any travel, accommodation or associated costs if the scheduled date is cancelled for an unforeseen reason.
- For health and safety reasons, all participants will be required to wash hands as directed by Belfast Zoo staff.
- Participants must abide by staff instructions, safety rules and health and safety guidelines at all times while in the zoo.
- Children cannot enter areas that staff identify as out of bounds or cross any safety barriers during the time at the zoo.
- Children must be supervised at all times. You are responsible for providing a suitable adult/child supervisory ratio for your group.
- Our education code of conduct for children’s behaviour applies at all times during the visit and whilst on the zoo site.
- It is your responsibility to inform us if children in your class or group have any medical conditions that you, or their doctor, feels we should be aware of in order to ensure their and the other participants’ safety.
- We must be informed of relevant allergies of children within your class or group.
- To make the experience as enjoyable and suitable as possible, please provide information on any disabilities.
- In an event of extreme weather or unforeseen circumstances, where the zoo is forced to close, and the visit cancelled, you will be contacted with as much notice as possible.
Code of conduct
The following general terms and conditions apply to entry to Belfast Zoo.
- Do not feed the animals unless directed to by Belfast Zoo staff.
- Do not bang on the glass of animal enclosure.
- Place all rubbish in bins provided.
- No running.
- Dogs, fires, barbeques, ball games, scooters, bikes, heelys, drones and alcohol are not permitted.
- Do not use a selfie stick into the animal enclosure.
- Do not enter areas of water or restricted areas.
- No unaccompanied children under the age of 16.
- Belfast Zoo accepts no liability for any person or body for any loss, injury or property damage from any action or cause whatsoever undertaken at the site.
- If any issue should arise that would cause you to complain, this should be addressed to the leaders directly or if you are not satisfied, email email@example.com.
We have an additional code of conduct for all visitors attending as part of an education visit. This is to protect our animals as well as to ensure the safety of our visitors. When you are taking part in one of these, you must:
- not use inappropriate language
- respect and be polite to other children and Belfast Zoo staff
- listen and follow the education officers instructions at all times
- take responsibility for your own belongings. We recommend that children do not to bring any valuables
- don’t touch other children’s belongings without asking
- put up your hand if you have a question
- be careful when walking around as some of our hills are very steep
- put any mobile phones on silent. These are permitted for emergency use only. Children cannot use their phones during the visit and cannot take photos of staff or other children
The zoo reserves the right to ask any participant to leave the area of the zoo, should they behave in an inappropriate or unsafe manner. In this instance, the education officer will discuss the matter with the teacher. In these circumstances a refund will not be issued.
If you are running late or unable to attend due to unforeseen circumstances on the day, please call us on 028 9077 6277. Refunds will not be issued for non-attendance.