Order a bin or recycling box online
Please read information about ordering a new bin before completing your order. You can order these bins online:
- General waste bin (£15 charge applies)
- Brown food waste caddy
- Green food waste bin
- Black recycling box with lid
- New lid for recycling box
- Blue wheelie dry recycling bin
- Glass recycling box
- Home composting bin
Complete the order a bin form (link opens in new window)
Please read the terms and conditions for online services and our privacy statement.
Information about ordering a new bin
- You can only order one of each type of bin or recycling box.
- All recycling bins and boxes are free.
- If you need to order a recycling bin but aren't sure which type you need, call us on 0800 032 8100.
- When you order a food waste bin, we'll give you a food waste caddy too.
- You can't order a food waste bin if you have a recycling bin or compost bin.
- Each household can usually only have one general waste bin. If you already have a general waste bin you can use, you can't order another one online. However, we may provide an extra general waste bin if there is a large family of six or more permanent residents, or if someone in the household has a medical condition which results in extra waste that can’t be recycled. If this applies, you can contact us on 0800 032 8100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an assessment.
- If you need more green food waste bags, please tie your last bag to your food waste bin.
- If your apartment block does not have a food waste collection, please email us or call 0800 032 8100. Remember to leave your name and full postal address.
When you contact us, please tell us your name and full postal address.
Other ways to order a bin or recycling box
You can also order bins:
By writing to us at:
Waste Management Services
Belfast City Council
4-10 Linenhall Street
Please include your name, delivery address (including postcode), contact telephone number, the type of bin you need and a cheque or postal order for the appropriate amount, made payable to Belfast City Council.
If you already have a black bin and want to order another one by phone or post, you will also need to request an additional bin assessment.
Returns, refunds and cancellations
To return or cancel your order, call us on 0800 032 8100.
Bin delivery information
You should receive your order within seven working days. Your bin or boxes will be left at the front of your property or, where possible, in your front garden. If you have specific delivery requirements please state these when you place your order. Please note that we cannot deliver on specified days.
Commercial waste collections
You can only order household bins online. If you want to arrange a waste collection for a business, visit our commercial waste page.