Order a bin or recycling box online
You can order these bins online*:
- Black wheeled bin (£15 charge applies)
- Brown food waste caddy
- Green food waste bin
- Black recycling box with lid
- Red recycling box with lid
*Exceptions apply. Please read ‘information about ordering a new bin' before completing your order.
Please read the terms and conditions for online services and our privacy statement.
Information about ordering a new bin
- You can only order one of each type of bin.
- All recycling bins and boxes are free.
- If you need to order a recycling bin but aren't sure which type you need, call us on 0800 032 8100.
- When you order a food waste bin, we'll give you a food waste caddy too.
- You can't order a food waste bin if you have a recycling bin or compost bin.
- If you already have a general waste bin you can use, you can't order another one online. Contact us on 0800 032 8100 or email email@example.com
- Food waste liners. If you have used your tag and have not received replacement food waste liners and need them urgently, they can be picked up at your local recycling centre or by visiting reception at Cecil Ward Building, 4-10 Linenhall Street, Belfast, BT2 8BP, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your apartment block does not have a food waste collection please email us or phone 0800 032 8100. Remember to leave your name and full postal address.
- Replacement lids for recycling boxes can be ordered by emailing email@example.com or 0800 032 8100.
When you contact us please remember to leave your name and full postal address.
Other ways to order a bin or recycling box
You can also order bins:
By writing to us at:
Waste Management Services
Belfast City Council
4-10 Linenhall Street
Please include your name, delivery address (including postcode), contact telephone number, the type of bin you need and a cheque or postal order for the appropriate amount, made payable to Belfast City Council.
We cannot take payment over the phone.
If you already have a black bin and want to order another one by telephone or post, you will also need to request an additional bin assessment.
Returns, refunds and cancellations
To return or cancel your order, call us on 0800 032 8100.
Bin delivery information
You should receive your order within seven working days. Your bin or boxes will be left at the front of your property or, where possible, in your front garden. If you have specific delivery requirements please state these when you place your order. Please note that we cannot deliver on specified days.
Commercial waste collections
You can only order household bins online. If you'd like to arrange a waste collection for a business, visit our commercial waste page.