Building an inclusive labour market: opportunities, challenges, and solutions
Employment skills conference on Monday 22 January 2024 at Ulster University, Belfast campus
Aligning with key policy and strategic priorities, including 10X and The Belfast Agenda, this employability and skills conference will focus on fostering inclusive growth and addressing economic inactivity.
This event will mark the start of a conversation around issues such as:
- opportunities for greater engagement between health and employment support services
- potential implications of further welfare reform
- re-skilling and upskilling support to encourage labour market participation and progress
- a future investment model that can make an impact
For event information, go to Building an inclusive labour market opportunities: opportunities, challenges, and solutions.
Employability and Skills - Our vision
We help drive Belfast’s economic growth by supporting residents, employers and organisations to strive for innovation and excellence and creating pathways to growth and employment.
We focus on:
- developing strategic growth areas,
- driving learning and educational attainment, and
- designing and delivering programmes to support employability.
We’re keen to work with businesses and organisations to help them:
- recruit employees,
- explore work placement opportunities, and
- develop their workforce.
We want to work with and learn from organisations that are supporting residents to:
- access training
- develop their skills and confidence
- find employment
If you're a Belfast-based employer and would like to benefit from our employability programmes, please register your interest.
Register as an employer with the Employability and Skills Programme
Belfast is a city of Working and Learning, and you can find out more about the key areas of work that support employability and skills development:
Support your employees to develop their careers
We can work with employers to deliver a support programme which will give employees the training and support they need to achieve qualifications to progress their careers.
||Information and registration
||This programme is for employers in retro-fitting, classroom assistants, social care or child care who need support to help employees have the opportunity for promotion within their organisation
This programme is available for employers to make an application.
For further information on the programme and how to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org