This accessibility statement applies to www.investinbelfast.com. This website is run by Belfast City Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300 per cent without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand and it is approved by Plain English Campaign (link opens in new window) on an annual basis. AbilityNet (link opens in new window) has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- a number of older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software. These are only available in our log in area.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different accessible format, for example large print, easy read, audio recording or Braille:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- call 028 9027 0511
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in ten working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We want to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, email us at email@example.com
Please tell us what part of the website you are visiting, what you are trying to do and what is preventing you from doing what you need to do. If possible, please tell us what device and which browser you’re using. We will get back to you within three working days.
The Equality Commission for Northern Ireland (ECNI) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’) in Northern Ireland. If you’re not happy with how we respond to your request or complaint, please call ECNI on 028 9050 0600 and ask to speak with one of their Discrimination Advice Officers in their Legal Division, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Find out more about the enforcement procedure (link opens in new window).
Contact us (Invest in Belfast)
Find out how to contact us.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Belfast City Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the WCAG 2.1 AA standard due to some non-compliances, meaning there’s an accessibility problem with some areas.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons:
PDF documents on our dashboard
- PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software on our dashboard.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
‘Silktide’ is an automated accessibility testing tool, which Belfast City Council uses.
An accessibility report on 22 July 2022 from Silktide highlights the following issues on some of our website pages:
- Some form controls do not contrast sufficiently with their surroundings (WCAG AA 1.4.11)
- The purpose of fields programmatically (WCAG AA 1.3.5)
- Fix duplicate IDs (WCAG A 4.1.1)
- Some text does not have very high contrast (AAA) (WCAG AAA 1.4.6)
We plan to fix these by September 2022.
We welcome feedback from customers to assist them with improving accessibility. If you have any comments, please email email@example.com
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We are using some automated checks to alert us if something falls below the standard.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 27 October 2021. We will continue to review our accessibility status on a monthly basis and update the statement when needed.
We tested this website on 22 July 2022. We carried out our own testing using automated accessibility testing tool Silktide. We scanned 150 pages of this site.