Find out how local council elections work and how to vote.
See the results of the previous local council elections in 2011 and 2014.
Learn the eligibility requirements and the process of getting nominated.
Local Council elections - 2 May 2019
The Electoral Commission, in partnership with the Electoral Office for Northern Ireland and Royal Mail, is running three pre-election seminars for candidates and their agents taking part in the Local Council elections on 2 May 2019.
The seminars provide an opportunity to gain essential information on what is required to take part in the elections, including information on:
- how to get nominated as a candidate
- what your entitlements are as a candidate
- how much you can spend and who you can accept donations from
- what you need to report after the election
- election literature and freepost
The seminars will take place on:
|Wednesday 20 March
Glenavon House Hotel