Drumglass Park is named after Henry Musgrave, a landowner who was elected an Honorary Burgess of the City of Belfast in 1917. When Musgrave died, he left six acres to the city to be used as a public park or children's playground. The park has a private gate lodge, near the Lisburn Road entrance. It was built in the Queen Anne revival style around 1882. You can still see the Musgrave family monogram above one of the doorways and on the sandstone tops of the gate pillars.
Getting to Drumglass Park
Enter the park at Lisburn Road or Cranmore Park. Take Metro no. 9A-C from Belfast city centre and get off directly outside the park.
Green Flag award
Drumglass Park was awarded the Green Flag Award in 2019 and 2021. This award recognises the best open spaces in the UK.
History of the park
The park was initially named Drumglass Playcentre and it was opened to the public on 9 September 1924 by the Lady Mayoress of Belfast, Lady Turner. The house and site's remaining grounds now form part of Victoria College Girls' School.
To find out what events and activities are on in our parks, go to Park events.
Park opening times
Our parks open at 7.30am every day. Closing times change as daylight lengthens or shortens.
|12 to 25 November||5pm|
|26 November to 31 December||4.30pm|