Farm visit safety advice
If you're visiting a farm, to help you enjoy your visit and keep you and your children safe, you should follow the guidance:
- remove and clean boots or shoes that might have become soiled
- clean pushchair wheels after you leave the farm
- don’t put hands on faces or fingers in mouths while petting animals or walking round the farm
- don't kiss farm animals or allow children to put their faces close to animals
- don't eat or drink anything while touching animals or walking round the farm
For more information, contact the Health and Safety Executive (link opens in new window).