Belfast City Council
PLANNING ACT (NORTHERN IRELAND) 2011 ARTICLE 104
THE PLANNING (GENERAL PERMITTED DEVELOPMENT) ORDER (NORTHERN IRELAND) 2015 DIRECTION MADE UNDER ARTICLE 4(1) relating to:
MALONE PARK CONSERVATION AREA
Whereas Belfast City Council (“the Council”) being the appropriate local planning authority within the meaning of Article 4 of The Planning (General Permitted Development) Order (Northern Ireland) 2015 (“the 2015 Order”) is of the opinion that development of the description set out in Schedule 1 hereto should not be carried out on the properties set out in Schedule 2 hereto all of which are sited within the Conservation Area of Malone Park unless permission is granted on application made under Part 3 of the Planning Act (NI) 2011.
And whereas the Council is further of the opinion that the control of such works is expedient in furtherance of the requirements of Article 104 of the Planning Act (NI) 2011 in that such works could threaten the preservation or enhancement of the character and appearance of Malone Park Conservation Area.
Now therefore the Council in pursuance of powers conferred upon it by Article 4(1) of the 2015 Order hereby directs that the permission granted by Article 3 of the 2015 Order shall not apply to development described in Schedule 1 hereto on the properties set out in Schedule 2 hereto.
THIS NOTICE TAKES EFFECT ON THE DATE OF SERVICE:
19th APRIL 2019
A copy of the above statement of the effect of the direction can be viewed within our offices (address below) or an electronic copy and details of the direction can be found on our web page www.belfastcity.gov.uk under: Planning/Conservation areas.
An explanatory guide accompanies this Notice, however if you want further advice or guidance, please contact us directly at the address below, by phone on 028 9050 0510, or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want independent advice about the Notice, you are advised to contact a lawyer, planning consultant or other professional advisor specialising in planning matters.
Land or premises at Malone Park, Belfast, edged blue on the accompanying map.
Dated this 19th day of April 2019
On behalf of: Belfast City Council
Belfast Planning Service
Cecil Ward Building
4-10 Linenhall Street
The Planning (General Permitted Development) Order (Northern Ireland) 2015
Malone Park Conservation Area
The following development shall now require planning permission in respect of the land described in the Second Schedule:
- Removal and replacing window frames and doors to front elevations and side elevations as permitted by Class A of Part 1 of the Schedule of the 2015 Order;
- The erection or construction of a porch outside any external door of a dwellinghouse as permitted by Class C of Part 1 of the Schedule to the 2015 Order;
- The provision of a hard surface for any purpose incidental to the enjoyment of the dwelling house (to front lawns as defined by the area between front and side boundaries of the curtilage of the property to the front building line of the property) as permitted by Class E of Part 1 of the Schedule of the 2015 Order;
- The erection, construction, maintenance, improvement or alterations of a gate, fence, wall or other means of enclosure within the area from the front boundary between the front and side boundaries of the curtilage of the property to the front building line of the property as permitted by Class A of Part 3 of the Schedule of the 2015 Order;
- The painting of the exterior of the front or side elevation of a building (except window frames and doors) as permitted by Class C of Part 3 of the Schedule of the 2015 Order in a colour or form of paint different from the existing.
The Planning (General Permitted Development) Order (Northern Ireland) 2015 Malone Park Conservation Area
The properties to which this Direction applies are situated within Malone Park Conservation Area, and are contained within the area identified by the blue edging shown on the attached map.