We have developed exciting new plans to reconnect Waterworks Park to Alexandra Park and the wider city. Proposals to upgrade existing park features, invest in new sport and recreation facilities and improve the areas between both parks will help bring communities together in welcoming, attractive and safe shared spaces.
- The main entrances to both parks will be upgraded.
- The entrance to Waterworks Park at Westland Road will be reinstated and a new entrance to Alexandra Park will be created at Camberwell Terrace.
- The main paths within both parks will be upgraded to provide a continuous connection from the Cavehill Road entrance to the Queen Mary’s Garden entrance in Waterworks Park. From here, the path will take users to the Castleton Gardens entrance of Alexandra Park through to the Deacon Street entrance.
- A new path in Waterworks Park will connect Westlands to the upper Waterworks.
- The reservoirs within both parks will be refurbished so that they remain safe in the years ahead.
- New viewing areas with seating will be created and fishing stands replaced.
- Additional trees will be planted throughout the parks to replace trees that need to be removed as part of the reservoir safety works.
Play park upgrades
- Queen Mary’s playpark and the play parks in Alexandra Park will be enhanced to promote inclusive, independent and social play for children of all ages and abilities.
- The 3G pitch at Waterworks Park and the kickabout area at Alexandra Park will be upgraded, with covers installed to enable use all year round.
New lighting, seating and signs
Dog exercise area
Community project area
Map of Waterworks and Alexandra Park
Click on the icons in the map to see the proposed developments.