Date: 4 to 14 August 2022
Venue: Various places in Belfast
Category: Arts and culture, Festival
EastSide Arts Festival celebrates its tenth birthday this summer.
Packed full of unique, exciting events, festival goers will enjoy music, theatre, film, literature, walks, talks and tours, comedy and cabaret, family focused and community events for all ages. The celebrations will feature over 100 artists across more than 80 events taking place in venues in east Belfast including Strand Arts Centre, Vault Artist Studios, The Ballyhackamore Social Club, Banana Block (Portview Trade Centre) and CS Lewis Square.
These are 10 highlights at this year’s festival:
- Thursday 4 August – Hothouse Flowers, Banana Block, Portview Trade Centre
- Thursday 4 August - Hairspray  Strand Arts Centre
- Thursday 4 August - Billy Boy by Rosemary Jenkinson, Vault Artist Studios
- Friday 5 August - Cultúrlann McAdam Ó Fiaich, Vault Artist Studios
- Friday 5 August OPTIMO - Banana Block, Portview Trade Centre
- Friday 5 August - Otter Debauchery presents Peninsula, Vault Artist Studios
- Saturday 6 August - Park Fest, CS Lewis Square and Orangefield Park
- Sunday 7 August - Young at Art’s Baby Rave, Banana Block, Portview Trade Centre
- Thursday 11 August - David Hull Promotions Presents Cash Returns - The Johnny Cash and June Carter Tribute Show, CS Lewis Square
- Friday 12 August - Dig with It magazine presents… New Pagans, Lemonade Shoelace and Winnie Ama CS Lewis Square
- Sunday 14 August - Maurice Jay’s Pleasuredome, CS Lewis Square
For the festival programme and ticket information, go to EastSide Arts Festival 2022 (link opens in new window).
The festival is supported by principal funder, Arts Council of Northern Ireland, funders Belfast City Council, National Lottery Awards for All and Halifax Foundation for Northern Ireland, principal sponsor Translink, sponsors Connswater and Hewitt & Gilpin.