In the nineteenth century, the Ewart family were linen manufacturers who owned a large mill on the Crumlin Road and a bleach green next to the site. They wanted to contribute to their neighbourhood and offered Belfast Corporation seven and a half acres of their land to use as a public park for the Ligoniel area.
Getting to Glenbank Park
The park is in north Belfast. Enter the park at Ligoniel Road. If you are travelling by bus from Belfast city centre, take Metro no.11A.
History of Glenbank Park
Glenbank Park originally belonged to the Sinclair family, who also owned the land which was used to create Falls Park and Belfast City Cemetery. By the middle of the 19th century, the Ewart family owned the estate.
Approval was for a public park was granted in January 1921. Another three-quarters of an acre was added to the estate to 'square off' the shape of the park in 1921. The Ewarts also contributed money to set up a children's corner with playground equipment.
To find out what events and activities are on in our parks, go to Park events.
Park opening times
|3 October - 16 October||7pm||17 October – 23 October||6.30pm|
|24 October – 30 October||5.30pm|
|31 October – 13 November||5pm|
|14 November – 31 December||4.30pm|