Brook Activity Centre regeneration
We're investing £15 million for a new state-of-the-art leisure facility to replace the existing Brook Activity Centre.
Unique selling point - sports centre (Gaelic and Soccer)
Following community consultation and advice from a range of industry experts, we have taken the decision that the new centre will focus largely on outdoor leisure provision and will be a sports centre for Gaelic and soccer. In addition the new facility will also feature a new 25 metre swimming pool and various dry facilities.
The agreed facilities are:
- 25 metre four lane pool with 25 spectator seats
- sports hall
- 60 station fitness suite
- exercise studio
- spin studio
- one 3G pitch suitable for Gaelic and Soccer (in addition to existing 3G soccer pitch)
- three indoor 3G five-a-side soccer pitches
- three outdoor 3G five-a-side soccer pitches
- one hurling wall
- playground and outdoor gym.
Following analysis of community consultation feedback on designs for the new facility we submitted a planning application for the development in November 2016. Planning permission was granted on 11 April 2017. We aim to begin construction in early 2018 with the new facility opening in summer 2019.