Pitch Bookings Information for Bookings that are required after 5th July 2020
Due to Covid19 Regulations Belfast City Council will take bookings on a restricted basis.
- Bookings are for full pitch or half pitch only
- Changing and toilet facilities are not available. Clubs must adhere to their Sport Governing Body protocol for participation and are responsible for the behaviour of their members. All safeguarding reports will be investigated by Council and Council will impose sanctions on clubs for inappropriate behaviour
- Bookings are for one hour time slots on the hour only
- Bookings will be accepted from registered clubs
- Bookings may be accepted from organisations other than registered clubs. Such bookings will be for sports training only. The activities must be led by a suitably qualified sports coach on behalf of their named sports club and carried out in accordance with that club’s Covid19 policy and procedures. The “Covid Officer” responsible for the session will be a member of the sports club
- Clubs may access the facility 5 minutes after the start time of their confirmed booking and not until the previous users have left the facility
- Clubs must leave the facility 5 minutes in advance of the end time of their confirmed booking
- Clubs must confirm that they have Covid19 policies and procedures in place which fully comply with current Northern Ireland Executive and the National Governing Body of Sport guidance
- Clubs must provide the name and contact details for the “Covid Officer” i.e. person who is responsible for ensuring that all activities are carried out in accordance with the club’s Covid19 policies and procedures.
Our email firstname.lastname@example.org and the Bookings Line 028 90 27 0684 are staffed from 10am to to 4pm, Monday to Friday. Outside these hours please leave a voicemail and we will return your call.
You can check if your pitch is playable by contacting the automated Pitches Hotline on 028 9027 0677 where you can also obtain the Duty Park Manager mobile number.
- The Pitches Hotline is updated by 4pm on weekdays and on Saturday mornings.
- Please do not contact the Bookings Line for this information.
Pitch prices are reviewed each April and you can get the most up to date pricing by contacting us on our Bookings Line 028 9027 0684 or at email@example.com
Adult and Junior
Adult 18 years plus, Junior under 18.
We automatically apply VAT to all bookings. If you are exempt from paying VAT you must tell us this before confirming your booking.
Your booking may be eligible for VAT exemption if your booking meets all of the following conditions:
- The series of bookings must consist of ten or more sessions, or the booking must be for more than 24 hours,
- Each session is for the same sporting activity,
- Each session is in the same location,
- The interval between each session is at least a day and not more than 14 days (although the duration of each session can be varied). A booking for every other Saturday afternoon fulfils this condition but the exemption does not apply if the interval is for longer than 14 days due to closure, for example if the pitch is closed for public holidays),
- The facilities are booked by a school, club association or an organisation representing affiliated clubs or constituent associations such as a local league, and
- The person who booked the pitch has exclusive use of it during the sessions.
How to book
To obtain a booking form email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 028 9027 0684.
One-off or casual booking
Due to Covid19 restrictions casual bookings are not currently available.
Block and recurring bookings
A series of ten or more bookings is considered a block booking:
- To obtain a booking form email email@example.com or phone 028 9027 0684
- Complete the Booking Form
- Email Booking Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grass and synthetic pitches can only be booked on the hour.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your booking.
Due to Covid19 restrictions league bookings are not currently available
We do not accept provisional bookings.
When to book
Please make your booking a minimum of 2 days working days notice before you want to use it. For example, a booking required for 6pm on a Friday must be with us by 5pm on the preceding Tuesday. A booking for 12 noon on a Friday must be with us by 5pm on the preceding Tuesday. Please note that Saturday and Sunday and public / bank holidays are not considered as working days for the purposes of booking. Therefore a request for a booking on a Monday must be with us by 5pm on the preceding Wednesday. A request for Tuesday must be with us by 5pm on the preceding Thursday, etc.
This allows us enough time to allocate staff, ensure the site is opened, and the pitch properly set up.
Where there will already be staff on site to set up your pitch for you, 48 hours notice is not required.
A pitch booking will not be confirmed until this booking form has been completed in full.
Due to demand for block bookings we cannot guarantee that all requests will be accommodated. Bookings are allocated on a first come, first served basis. Every effort will be made to allocate bookings fairly and amicably.
How to pay
You can pay by debit or credit card over the phone or by invoice.
Please see below for invoicing criteria.
Applications for invoicing
Invoicing facilities are only made available to:
- Education and public bodies.
- Private and voluntary sector organisations on production of an official order.
- Invoicing facilities are not automatically be applied to sports clubs (we must receive a formal request), and
- Approved organisers of events
- We cannot invoice individual persons.
We need an official order number from the organisation or club booking the pitch before we can issue an invoice. If an official order number is not available, the club or organisation must request an invoice from us on official headed paper, which must be signed by the Authorised Accounting Officer.
You will be invoiced monthly.
Payment must be received in full within 30 days from the date of invoice. If we do not receive payment in full invoicing facilities will be removed.
Customers who have had invoicing facilities revoked due to outstanding debts must make full payment of all outstanding monies, and re-apply for invoicing facilities. Until credit facilities are restored, all booking will only be accepted on a “pay and play” basis, where payment must be made at the time of booking.
How to change your booking
Any request to change fixtures should be made by 12.30pm on Wednesday for weekend games and at least 48 hours before any midweek fixture.
- The person named on the booking form, or a league or club representative should email ALL cancellations to email@example.com.
- Cancellations should be received at least 2 full working days before the scheduled starting time, for example, Thursday 12 noon for a weekend booking or the FULL CHARGE will be payable.
In exceptional circumstances, 2 full working days notice is not required. Exceptional circumstances must be communicated to us as soon as possible and will be treated on a case by case basis.
Referee or umpire cancellations
Due to Covid19 restrictions referee or umpire cancellations are not currently available
We may need to cancel your pitch booking at short notice due to bad weather or poor ground conditions. We will try to give enough notice of any changes to play.
If we need to cancel a weekend fixture, we will make this decision on the Friday before the weekend fixtures.
Pitch inspections will take place on Saturday morning. If in doubt, check that your pitch is playable by contacting the automated Pitches Hotline on 028 9027 0677.
e hope that you find our pitches and associated facilities up to standard. If you have any problems on the day of play please tell the staff on site in the first instance, and then inform us by email within 24 hours of play to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If we have cancelled the booking due to pitch condition you will not be charged. If you cancel your booking within the cancellation timescales given, you will not be charged for the booking.
- We will refund or credit your booking if we have made an error.
- Unless there are exceptional circumstances, refunds are not issued for non-attended bookings.
- We will refund monies using the original payment method.
Belfast City Council is the Data Controller under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for the personal data it gathers for the purposes of booking Belfast City Council Pitches and associated facilities. You are providing your personal data to the Council whose lawful basis for processing is for compliance with a legal obligation under the Local Government Finance Act (Northern Ireland) 2011, or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority.
The personal data may be shared internally within the Council with staff who are involved in providing this service and where necessary, between internal departments with the purpose of supporting an effective delivery of service.
Your personal data will not be shared or disclosed to any other organisation without your consent, unless the law permits or places an obligation on the BCC to do so. The personal data is held and stored by the Council in a safe and secure manner and in compliance with Data Protection legislation and in line with the Council’s Records Retention and Disposal Schedule.
If you have any queries regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact Pitches Administration, City & Neighbourhood Services, 4-10 Linenhall Street, Belfast BT2 8BP
If you wish to contact the Council’s Data Protection Officer, please write to Belfast City Council, City Hall Belfast, BT1 5GS or send an email to email@example.com
Return to firstname.lastname@example.org or
City & Neighbourhood Services
5th Floor Cecil Ward Building
4-10 Linenhall Street
Your booking is taken as confirmation that you have read and agreed to the above