One day: 9.30am - 4.30pm
Microsoft Excel is a tool designed for storing and analysing numerical data as well as creating striking presentations of your data with charts. The course entails creating new or modifying existing spread sheets. Creating calculations to perform statistical analysis and designing charts to present the results.
A basic understanding of Microsoft Windows.
||Creating a simple spreadsheet
- Entering data
- Editing the worksheet
||Developing the worksheet
- Naming the worksheet
- More formulae
||Changing the look of the worksheet
- Changing fonts
- Changing cell dimensions
- Adding a border
Printing the spreadsheet
- Print preview
- Scaling the print
- Changing the set-up
Editing the worksheet
- Clearing and deleting cells
- Adding comments and text boxes to a spreadsheet
Copying and Pasting
- Copying and pasting headings in Excel
- Importing worksheets
- Linking worksheets
- Source worksheets
- Dependent worksheets
- Paste special
- Introduction to the more common functions such as:
- Max and Min
||Creating a chart
- Creating a column chart
- Formatting a chart
- Freezing columns or rows in a large spreadsheet
Goals and objectives
- To show how and where Microsoft Excel can be effectively and efficiently availed of as a useful business tool.
- To develop and improve the users understanding of working with spreadsheets and the various ways spreadsheets can be formatted.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Open Microsoft Excel
- Open existing documents and create new documents
- Enter, edit and delete text
- Select cells and format information
- Insert new rows into the spreadsheet
- Create formulae
- Make use of the auto fill feature
- Format the appearance of the spreadsheet including text, cell sizes and alignments and placing borders on cells
- Adjust print settings and print the spreadsheet
- Add text boxes, and comments to cells
- Cut copy and paste information
- Import worksheets into your spreadsheet
- Linking worksheets
- Other functions within Excel
- Create charts
- Format charts
- Freeze columns and rows.
You will be able to complete all of these course exercises using Microsoft Excel.
External attendees: £110 plus VAT per candidate.