One day; 9.30am - 4.30pm
Microsoft Excel provides ways to help automate the business tools you need for your data analysis, list keeping, and calculations as well as the presentation tools for reporting your results.
This course is designed for users who are proficient in the functionality of Microsoft Excel. It is aimed at teaching the user improved ways of working with spread sheets and charts as well as introducing new topics such as working with databases and creating macros.prerequisites:
Attendance at an Excel course or basic knowledge of Excel topics such as chart creation and basic formulas.
- Can you create a simple spread sheet?
- Can you change the appearance of a worksheet - fonts, borders, alignment?
- Can you edit the worksheet - cut, copy, paste, text boxes?
- Do you have knowledge of creating charts?
||Introduction and refresher exercise
- Creating a simple spreadsheet
- Formatting a spreadsheet
- Simple formula
- Common Excel functions
- Variable cell referencing
- Cell referencing
- Absolute cell referencing
- Naming a cell
- Naming a cell range
- Creating and formatting a pie chart
Linking charts between Excel and Word
- Creating a link between Excel and Word
- Creating and formatting a line chart
- Sorting information
- Filtering information
- Advanced filtering
|Filter by colour
- Filtering information by colour
Advanced database facilities
- Using the Advanced filter to create conditions
||Functions within databases
- Creating a PivotTable
- Working with PivotTables
Goals and objectives
- To introduce and develop the users understanding or some of the more complex features of Microsoft Excel.
- To improve the users knowledge of the various tools provided within Excel and, to enable to user to produce a professional level of output.
After reading this manual you will be able to:
- Enter text and format cells
- Create formulae to add or average a range of cells
- Use the auto fill feature and create a custom series
- Use some of the more popular functions using the function wizard:
- AVERAGE, MAX, MIN, COUNT, ROUND and IF
- Understand and use variables
- Use Relative and Absolute cell addressing
- Name Cells
- Create charts
- Manipulate charts
- Work with databases, sort information, use auto filter to find information meeting certain criteria
- Use the Advanced filter facility
- Use database functions
- Create and format a Pivot Table.
You will complete all of these using Microsoft Excel.
External attendees: £110 plus VAT per candidate.