One and a half days:
- Day one, 9.30am - 4.30pm
- Day two, 9.30am - 12.30pm
The Advanced PowerPoint course introduces many of the more advanced tools available in Microsoft PowerPoint. It has been designed for users who are proficient in the functionality of Microsoft PowerPoint to help them realise the full potential of PowerPoint.
The Course covers various new topics including manipulating pictures, images or drawn objects, inserting sounds and movies with animation that play automatically, creating flow charts and the use of macros.
Prerequisites of course
Attendance on PowerPoint course or knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Can you apply custom animation settings to objects and slides?
- Can you apply slide transition to slides?
- Have you knowledge of using format painter to copy styles from one object to another?
||Master slides, templates and themes
||Converting clipart objects
||Autoshapes and effects
Sound and video
||Applying and removing timings on slide transitions
||Set up show
||Merging slides from another presentation
||Merging slides from outline
||Saving slides as pictures
||Endangered Species presentation review
Goals and objectives of course
- To expand on the users knowledge of the various tools provided within PowerPoint 2007 and, thus, improve the efficiency with which they produce presentations.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of audience, environment and assimilation of text and graphics when creating a presentation and delivering it effectively.
- Create and save templates with appropriate fill effects, logos and bullet points.
- Insert slide masters and slide master layouts.
- Edit slide master layouts and apply them to selected slides.
- Merge slides from one presentation into another presentation.
- Use the outline of a word processed document to create a new presentation.
- Save slides in a PowerPoint presentation in gif, jpg or bmp format.
- Convert a picture to a drawn object.
- Use manipulation tools such as grouping, send backward, bring forward, position according to co-ordinates and relative to a slide, on pictures, images and drawn objects.
- Apply and modify 3-D effects on drawn objects.
- Apply various types of fill effect to drawn objects.
- Crop and rescale images.
- Convert images to greyscale or black/white.
- Display rulers, grids and guides on a slide, and use ‘snap objects to grid’ feature.
- Change items within charts and graphs, such as chart type, data series, scale of a value axis, minimum and maximum number to display and major intervals, gap and overlap between columns.
- Draw and modify flowcharts and diagrams.
- Insert sounds and movies in a presentation.
- Insert action buttons and settings to navigate to a specified slide, URL, file or custom show.
- Create and change sequence of animations on text, drawn objects, and charts.
- Insert, edit and remove a hyperlink.
- Apply slide show control settings (interaction on slide content for navigation, create and remove slide timings, loop a presentation, and timed/manual slide advance).
- Create, edit and run customised shows.
- Link data from an image, word document or spreadsheet and display as an object.
- Update and modify linked data into a presentation, and embed a linked object.
Cost of course
External attendees: £140 plus VAT per candidate.