One day: 9.30am - 4.30pm
Microsoft Word is a word processing package. Word processing is a term used to describe a simple basic concept-writing words which can be re-used or changed, either during the process of initiating a document or later. It entails preparing, editing, storing, retrieving and printing text.
- A basic understanding of Microsoft Windows.
- Knowledge of creating folders and saving to specific folders.
- Familiar with using the mouse, terms like maximise and minimise.
- Entering and editing text and saving
- Overview of the task panes
- Entering, editing, selecting and deleting text
- Formatting text and paragraphs
- Applying different formatting to paragraphs, headings
- Undoing actions
- Indentation and adjusting page set up
- Changing page set-up, for example margins, orientation
- Different ways to view the document and printing
- Setting, moving and deleting tab stops
- Working with tables
- Borders and shading
Copy and paste, cut and paste
- Cutting, copying and pasting text
- Working with multiple windows
Symbols and borders
- Inserting symbols and letters
- Applying borders to paragraphs
Using find and replace and spell check tools
- Find and replace
- Spelling and grammar check
Autocorrect and Autotext
- Using autocorrect to correct spelling
- Using Autotext as a shortcut tool
Numbering and bullets
- Creating numbered and bulleted lists
- Line breaks
||Page numbers, page breaks and help
- Inserting page numbers
- Inserting and deleting page breaks
- Using help within Word
Goals and objectives
- to introduce Microsoft Word and its functions as a word processing tool
- to develop and improve the users understanding of working with documents and the various ways a documents appearance can be changed
- to improve the users knowledge of the various tools provided within Word and, thus, make their use of this word processing application more efficient.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- open Microsoft Word
- open existing documents and create new documents
- enter, edit and delete text
- select words, sentences and paragraphs and apply various types of formatting
- merge and split paragraphs
- change the set up of the page
- apply indentation to paragraphs, insert and edit tab stops
- insert and edit tables
- apply borders and shading to specified areas of a document
- change the way the document is viewed
- cut, copy and paste information
- copying formatting using the format painter tool
- insert page and line breaks
- work with multiple windows
- insert and format symbols
- find and replace text
- perform a spell and grammar check on documents
- use Autocorrect and Autotext features
- apply bullets and numbering to specified areas of a document
- use help within Word
- use print preview and print the document
- save documents to a specified area.
You will complete all of these using Microsoft Word version 2007.
External attendees: £110 plus VAT per candidate.