One day: 9.30am - 4.30pm
This course is designed for users who are proficient in the basic functionality of Microsoft Word. It is aimed at teaching the user improved ways of working in Word, introducing topics such as templates and mail merge.
Prerequisites of course
Attendance at a basic Word course or knowledge of Word.
- Can you create simple tables?
- Can you change appearance of text, font and alignment?
- Can you apply borders and shading to a document?
- Inserting charts into a word document and amending the data within these.
||Styles and Format Painter tool
- Applying character and paragraph styles
- Using the Format Painter tool to copy formatting
||Page numbering and table of contents
- Inserting page numbers
- Inserting page breaks
- Creating and updating a table of contents
Headers and footers
- Inserting and formatting headers and footers
- Carrying out a mail merge using an existing data source
- Creating and modifying a data source
Spacing, hyphenation and user options
- Applying spacing within and between paragraphs
- Applying automatic hyphenation to a document
- Customising user options such as default file location
Working with drawing objects
- Inserting drawing objects
- Moving, ordering and resizing these
Working with clipart and pictures
- Inserting clipart and pictures
- Moving, copying and resizing these
Goals and objectives of course
- To introduce and develop the users understanding of some of the more complex features of Microsoft Word.
- To improve the users knowledge of the various tools provided within Word and, thus, improve the efficiency with which they produce large as well as small documents.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- use templates within Word
- save a document as a different file type as specified
- insert and edit charts within a document
- apply styles to text in a document
- use the Format Painter tool
- insert page numbers
- insert page breaks
- create and update a table of contents
- insert and format headers and footers in a document
- perform mail merge with a main document
- format the spacing both within and between paragraphs
- apply automatic hyphenation to a document
- customising user preferences such as save version, default file location
- insert a clipart image, a picture from specified area and various drawing objects into a document, resizing these and moving them as required.
You will complete all of these using Microsoft Word.
Cost of course
External attendees: £110 plus VAT per candidate.