Burial recordsYou can look up records using our burial record search facility. You can buy images of burial records that are over 75 years old for £1.50 each.
You can search for burial records in Belfast from 1869 onwards. Around 360,000 records are available from:
- Belfast City Cemetery - records from 1869 (including the Jewish, public and Glenalina extension sections)
- Roselawn Cemetery - records from 1954
- Dundonald Cemetery - records from 1905.
- full name
- last place of residence
- date of death
- date of burial
- cemetery they are interred in
- grave section and number - you can now view who else is buried in a particular grave by clicking on the grave number contained in your search results
- type of burial, for example, standard earth burial or cremation.
Search for a burial recordTo use the search facility you need a surname, or part of a surname. You can narrow your results by providing a forename(s), initial or year of death or burial. If you aren't sure of the exact year of death or burial, enter the first three digits of the decade, for example, 198 - to only display records from the 1980s.
- View instructions for searching and buying burial records
- Search for burial records (opens in a new window)
- Give us feedback on the burial record search facility
- View our refund policy for the purchase of burial record images
Other cemeteriesThe search facility does not currently include burial records for the following cemeteries:
- Balmoral Cemetery
- Clifton Street Graveyard
- Friar's Bush Graveyard
- Knock Burial Ground
- Shankill Graveyard.
Please note that we do not look after, or hold records for, Milltown Cemetery or Knockbreda Cemetery. For more information, call Milltown Cemetery on 028 9061 3972 or Knockbreda Cemetery on 028 9049 4500.