Telephone: 028 9032 0202
Text phone: 028 9027 0405 (for people who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing). Find out about SignVideo.
Follow us on social media
Or send to:
Finance and Resources
6th floor, 9 Adelaide
9-21 Adelaide Street
For contact details of a particular service, check our A-Z.
SignVideo provides our Deaf or Hard of Hearing customers who use British Sign Language (BSL) instant access to a SignVideo online BSL interpreter.
This service is free from your own home. It’s simple, fast and secure.
The SignVideo scheme launched in May 2019 and will run for 12 months as a pilot project. We will gather feedback during this time.
Connect to SignVideo
Connect to a SignVideo interpreter by pressing this button:
How does it work?
To contact the SignVideo Interpretation Service via a computer, you’ll need video capability and broadband access. Then follow these steps:
- Click on SignVideo logo to make a call from the browser.
- Connect to a SignVideo interpreter and they will confirm you are contacting Belfast City Council.
- You will then be connected to a registered BSL interpreter and can start the conversation in BSL (British Sign Language).
Please note that SignVideo offer this service to MacBooks and PCs running Windows.
Check your operating system requirements
Before using SignVideo BSL Live, please check you meet these basic requirements as a minimum:
- You’ll need to have a computer or device with one of the following operating systems:
- iOS devices: 11 or above
- Android devices: 4.4 or above
- PC devices
- Your computer or device will need to have one of the following browsers:
- PC: Chrome and Firefox
- macOS: Chrome (Safari 11 supported)
- a webcam
- bandwidth of at least 512kbps upload and download.
SignVideo at our venues
Our SignVideo service gives you access to an online BSL interpreter in three of our venues:
Cecil Ward Building
4-10 Linenhall Street
Services here include:
Visit Belfast Zoo's website.
Olympia Leisure Centre
Visit Olympia Leisure Centre's website.
How does it work?
We connect to a fully qualified SignVideo interpreter using an iPad, so you can see them on the screen. They will assist you to communicate with our staff. If you need any help, a member of our reception team will be on hand.
You can also contact us to book a face-to-face interpreter through SignVideo on our website – we may need up to two weeks’ notice to arrange the meeting.
For SignVideo troubleshooting and technical help, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 020 3388 0771.
You can also follow us on:
House rules apply to all our social media profiles. Find out more about our social media house rules