We manage the following social media channels:
- Belfast City Council - www.facebook.com/belfastcitycouncil
- Belfast Zoo - www.facebook.com/belfastzoo
- Belfast Business Info - www.facebook.com/belfastbusinessinfo
- Belfast City Youth Council - www.facebook.com/BelfastCityYC
- Belfast City Council - www.twitter.com/belfastcc
- Belfast Zoo - www.twitter.com/belfastzoo
- Belfast City Youth Council - twitter.com/belfastcity_yc
- Belfast City Council - www.youtube.com/belfastcitycouncil
- Belfast City Council - www.flickr.com/belfastcitycouncil
- Belfast City Council - https://instagram.com/belfastcitycouncil/
- Belfast City Youth Council - www.instagram.com/belfastcity_yc/
- Belfast City Council - www.linkedin.com/company/belfast-city-council
Using our social media
This statement discloses the types of content that we will remove from our social media channels and the grounds for which we will ban a user from accessing them.
Users should also make themselves aware of each site's own terms and conditions.
We reserve the right to remove comments, without notification, including those which:
- bully, harass or intimidate any individual or organisation
- are unlawful, libellous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or racially offensive
- infringe or violate someone else's rights
- violate the law
- discuss ongoing legal proceedings
- are spam
- advertise products or services
- are irrelevant or off-topic
- are disruptive
- are repetitive.
We will also remove or ban any user who:
- continues to post comments such as those listed above
- encourages others to post such comments
- uses offensive images as their profile picture, for example, sexually explicit images
- has an offensive user name.
These lists are not exhaustive and will be updated as necessary.
Our social media accounts are not monitored 24/7 (including evenings, weekends and public holidays).
If you have an urgent query please email email@example.com or phone 028 9032 0202 (Monday - Thursday, 9am - 5pm and Friday, 9am - 4.30pm).
If you have a Freedom of Information request, please contact us at:
Records Management Unit
Chief Executive's Department
Belfast City Hall
Telephone: 028 9027 0639
Fax: 028 9027 0600