Expression of Interest for Active Travel Hub Operator: provision of bike retail, rental and maintenance services at Cathedral Gardens
We are working in partnership with Department for Communities and Department for Infrastructure to develop A Bolder Vision for Belfast. This ambitious blueprint explores a shared approach to creating a more attractive, accessible, safe and vibrant city.
We believe connectivity and active travel will play a major role in revitalising the city by helping to create a green, people focused, connected city centre for current and future users.
A collaborative opportunity has arisen to establish a temporary Active Travel Hub at Cathedral Gardens which could make a significant contribution to active travel with the city. The hub will be housed within two shipping containers on site for approximately two years.
The Active Travel Hub will facilitate a service that reduces barriers to sustainable modes of transport. It is envisaged that this service will provide low-cost solutions to bicycle provision, alongside a separate programme of training and promotion.
Required operator services
We are seeking expressions of interest from operators for the provision of the following services to be based at the Active Travel Hub in Cathedral Gardens:
- the self-sustaining operation of the Active Travel Hub on behalf of Belfast City Council in collaboration with any other operator within the hub
- provision of bicycle rental services
- provision of used bike sales services and sales
- provision of a full suite of bicycle maintenance and repair services
- signposting members of the community to other cycling services, opportunities and sustainable travel services
- regular programme reviews and reports to assess hub performance
Applications are welcomed from suitable social enterprise operators that can add social value to the programme.
The following timescale is envisaged at this stage but may be subject to change.
|Active Travel Hub on site
Register your interest
If you are interested in responding to this exciting opportunity, email email@example.com to receive a full information pack and response form.
All expressions of interest must be received by 4pm on Thursday 28 October 2021.